ipad 2 theme tutorial

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by pchan87, Jul 25, 2011.

1. pchan87 macrumors newbie

I used to be on an iphone and added emulators and roms to my phone back then but i haven't been messing around with apple products for a while. I'm currently jail broken and would like to mess around with themes and customize icons and etc.. well i've googled how to theme ipad but mainly anything that comes up is how to theme iphones. would this process be the same for the ipad?

I tried the process for the ipad and looked at youtube videos but whenever i ssh and view the ipad files i just see

folders named media and library

Under Media theres no other folders.

Under library theres:
    webkit
    preferences
    lockdown
    keyboard
    cookies
    caches
    address book

so if I download a background and want to use that as a background on the ipad what would I need to do?

Any site referral or help would be appreciated. What am i not doing right??

thanks.

2. pchan87 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. falstaffpac macrumors member

falstaffpac

I'm guessing when you SSH to the iPad, you are not at root level but are in a subdirectory, which is why you can only see 2 folders. After you connect to the ipad via SSH, see if you can go up a directory level.

I created an iPad Wallpaper directory on my computer, then added that directory to sync "Photos" with the iPad via iTunes. After syncing go to:
    Settings -> Brightness & Wallpaper -> select a new wallpaper from the photos you synced to the iPad.

I've been reading/learning how to theme the iPad for the past few days. For me, its been far more complex than theming an iPhone. But, the best place I've found for information so far is at MacThemes. This thread covers theming the ipad specifically: http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16803590

4. pchan87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, I'll take a look at the link.