iPad 2 torrenting?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by ratzzo, Jun 17, 2011.

1. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Hey guys,

The question is very simple. Is there any way to download torrent files straight from my iPad 2? That would save me a lot of work on my super-slow Dell downstairs.

To avoid assumptions: these torrents are for legal files.

2. Siggen macrumors 6502

iTransmission is the way to do torrents on iOS, but the problem is iTransmission is not available in AppStore, only Cydia.

But iTransmission does not require Jailbreak, YAY, then how do you install it on a non-jailbroken device?

Well thats simple, but I'm still having problems with it. There are two ways I can think off. But you need a Developer account or smug up to someone who has one.

Resign a current IPA file, but when I try this it still wont sync over the device, I dont understand why but no problem cause its open source so I can just build it my self..

So I loaded the source code in the settings, put the build target to Latest, and chose my signature which my iPad accepts. Try to build it, and it says:
    Code:
    Check dependencies

[BEROR]Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer: Zhongmin Chen (ER68WHNSKW)' doesn't match any valid certificate/private key pair in the default keychain
    So I'm gonna send a mail to the guy who made this (guessing it is Zhongmin Chen) and see if he knows whats to be done.

And while you wait untill people figure stuff out, you can see some screens of the best BT client for iOS ever!!

[​IMG]

and here is some talk about it http://lifehacker.com/5808357/itransmission-is-a-fully-featured-bittorrent-client-for-your-iphone

3. ratzzo thread starter macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Seems like an overly complicated approach for something that might not work on demand. Is there any other way..? :confused:

4. Siggen macrumors 6502

I might be overly complicated, but if you first get it to work it will work.

The easiest way would be to suck up to anyone with a developer account get them to provision your device and sign it for you, the ipa will work on your device.

And Ill look into hacking a symlink between the iTransmission folder and a MediaPlayer folder, so the files are instantly available on demand. even without a jailbreak.

5. FireSokar macrumors regular

The reason it does not work is because you need to change the key and resign it with your own. From there you can install it on your device.

6. Siggen macrumors 6502

its what i did, i used iReSign

7. qwerf123 macrumors regular

How do you use Iresign for this?

I have my UDID register and have the certificated and etc but I think there is something wrong with my certificate as my iOS device says it is untrusted.

Would you know how to resolve it?

Thanks

8. Siggen macrumors 6502

You dont have to use iReSign anymore, if you jailbreak you can

install iTransmission
    install iFile

browse to iTransmission with iFile
    open the info.plist in the plist editor
    go into the UIDeviceFamily Array
    and add a new integer which you set to: 2

Respring or reboot and you have a sexy torrent program for your iPad
    some minor graphic glitches, but nothing that is to bad or gets in the way of usage.