iPad 2 TPU Case PSA

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by funkeruski, Mar 21, 2011.

1. funkeruski macrumors regular

Ordered a TPU case from eBay user futureonestop. Really nice TPU case for those who were, like me, waiting for the Belkin Grip Vue. Perfect fit, and all the cutouts line up accurately. Has the mic cutout also which is a must. So nice that I don't think I have the need for a Grip Vue now. It was 15.99 shipped, but now looks like they are 13.99 shipped. When I bought this, they had a clear and a smoke color with the concentric circle design. Wanted smoke because my clear Grip Vue for my iPad 1 turned yellow. Looks like they now have a smoke color without the design, which I would have preferred. Anyway, thought I would give everyone a heads up. Here are some (low quality, sorry) photos.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

Looks good - just wish it was smart cover compatible I'd pick one up.

3. outlawarth macrumors regular

Thanks, looks good indeed. Thinking of picking up one myself.

4. Advil macrumors 6502a

5. Aqua Bliss macrumors 6502

The auction doesn't show what the front looks like or a 3/4 view with the front/side showing. If you have pics of that please post.

6. samac92 macrumors 6502a

OP, could you please post a link to this case? I can't seem to find it

7. funkeruski, Mar 22, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2011

funkeruski thread starter macrumors regular

Here you go. Although this one seems a little different as far as the design on the back than the one I got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TPU-Silicone-Ge...ultDomain_0&hash=item2c5b7cc30f#ht_1817wt_780

Here is the exact one I got.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1817wt_780

The one posted above looks like it overlaps the bezel too much which probably wouldn't work with a screen protector as the poster mentioned. The one I have overlaps just a little, is a tight enough fit, and probably would work fine with a screen protector, although I haven't put one on yet. Also, no flapping on the back. It hugs it nice and tight, at least for now.

8. Cheetablaze macrumors member

CRAP I can't view Ebay at work, I really want this type of soft case for the Ipad! They have something on pre-order on Amazon.com that looks very nice, no where near 9.99 though.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Ordered this one on Amazon from Crazy On Digital for $3 shipped. (Haven't rec'd it yet so no idea on fit and finish but suppose these cheap-os all come out of the same factory and are rebranded accordingly).

[​IMG]

10. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

I ordered that one too for $3. They gave me a tracking # last week which is weird for something that cost $3 shipped but I still haven't received it yet (and the tracking # seems like it doesn't work). I'm thinking of using it as a test to see if I can accurately cut out a smart cover hinge gap in it. If I can do it then I might buy a more expensive case and try to do the same.

11. InfoTime macrumors 6502

Did you get it? Did you slice open the side for a Smart Cover? You've got quite an audience waiting to hear about it. :D

12. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

Just ordered the same one! I really hope I don't regret it but for the price, what the heck! Hopefully, its a good fit and will tide me over until I can figure out what case I truly want. Has anyone received this case thats ordered it??

13. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Nice! I also can't cut in a straight line! :p I can't wait to get mine and try it though, but it's taking forever. To the poster above, I ordered that case about 10 days ago and it's still shipping. Looks like they just dropped it off at the post office yesterday. :(

I also ordered a cheap transparent silicone one to try cutting up which might get here sooner. Not a big fan of silicon but if I actually get that one I'll be very happy.

14. tdp005 macrumors newbie

15. AVInc macrumors member

I had contacted them last week because I ordered the bundle (4 tpu cases, 1 charger, 1 car charger, screen protector for $5.99) n they said they were majorly backordered. Will ship orders as soon as they get their supply.
    Then next day I get tracking number from amazon which doesn't work at all.

16. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Shouldn't they list products as out of stock if they dont actually have them?

17. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

Yeah apparently when that company sends you a tracking number and says they have shipped that only means they printed the label. They may not ship for another week.

For a case that was $3 shipped I guess I can't complain too much..

18. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

hello - humor me here... is this plastic or rubber?

19. suMMx macrumors regular

it feels like a rubbery pastic. Too soft to be plastic, too rigid to be silicone. It has a nice soft touch smooth rubber texture.

20. j-a-x macrumors 65816

j-a-x

21. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

thanks for the replies. i'd love to try this out.