iPad 2 - transfer SIM and Dodocase from old iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lrowland, Mar 11, 2011.

1. lrowland macrumors newbie

I am a long time lurker/reader but this is my first post - so please be kind! :) Hopefully my first post won't be a complete waste - this is such a great resource it was high time I did something to add to it!

I just got home with the iPad 2 and bought the Smartcover until I could get the new Dodocase specifically made for the iPad 2.

On a whim I tried my old Dodocase with the new iPad - by itself it doesn't work at all (kept falling out) but when you also put the Smartcover on at the same time it holds it fairly well. It is kind of like double the protection!
    Should work well enough until the new case comes out.

Also, I had the unlimited plan with my old iPad and successfully took the SIM out of the old one and put it into the new one. I think you do need to go to the following website and change the IMEI and ICCID numbers on the account to the new iPad first. That is what I did and I can confirm it worked perfectly! No calls to AT&T were required (though you can do it that way too). Of course, this assumes you are with AT&T.

AT&T Website: https://dcp2.att.com/OEPNDClient/

Thanks,
    Larry

2. lrowland, Mar 11, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011

lrowland thread starter macrumors newbie

So it appears I am an idiot and was using my Wifi the whole time. I'm gettinga "SIM has not been provisioned" message. I guess maybe you do have to call AT&T to transfer it over :(

Edit: Never mind I called them and while on the phone realized I typed the IMEI wrong to start with. Word of advice - triple check the IMEI and ICCID before submitting! :rolleyes:

3. mrkenyatta macrumors newbie

4. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I just swapped out the SIM cards in the store (the Apple sales rep helped me do it) and it worked fine right away. I just had to log into my ATT iPad account under the settings icon. No problems here.