iPad 2 - Trifecta of Problems

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wakeboardnmoto, Mar 21, 2011.

1. wakeboardnmoto macrumors newbie

I received my iPad 2 about 4 days ago and have been noticing problems since the second I opened it.

1. There is a dead pixel right smack dab in the middle of the screen (very annoying on white screens)

2. The home button is crooked, it seems to be twisted about 20 degrees right so instead of a square it looks like a diamond

3. There are about 9 spot of backlight bleeding (highly obnoxious)

4. The point at which the white meets the bezel seems to be cracking!!! There are 3 spots on the bottom to the left and right of the crooked home button where there are significant cracks/separation.

Curious if anyone has similar problems? If so, any advice?
    Thanks, I am new to the forums, but an avid reader of macrumors (my homepage)

2. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I've got some light leakage in the bottom left of the screen on my white iPad. Could you post some pictures of the cracking?

3. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Take it back. Set up an appointment with the genius bar so they can hopefully replace it for you without a wait if they have any left for warranty exchanges.

4. wakeboardnmoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Sounds good, It looks like I'll be setting up a genius bar appt this wek then...
    Ill try to post pics of the cracking, we'll see how good they come out on the iPhone :p

5. wakeboardnmoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Just tried to take photos of the cracking, doesnt show up with my iPhone, sorry about that....