iPad 2 UK launch - much ado about nothing?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MoodyM, Mar 26, 2011.

1. MoodyM macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Given I was the ONLY person queuing in Braehead, Glasgow, and the general consensus on the main UK thread that most people got an iPad 2, does anyone think all the drama about low stock, etc, was much ado about nothing?

2. alexwaddell macrumors newbie

alexwaddell

The Glasgow Apple Store had hundreds queueing outside and it took me the best part of 90 minutes to get mine. Apparently Apple kept most of the stock to themselves and only provided a small amount of iPad 2 stock to retailers like Currys, PC World etc. This might be why there was a view that stock would be tight?

Smart move going to Braehead - I wish I had thought of that, could have saved myself 90 minutes wait on an evening that started out OK but got colder and colder!

Did you get the model you wanted?

3. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

Yep, and the colour, and the case.

Orange shop staff really good too, when stock arrived around 2 they said they'd hold one for me if I wanted to wander round the shops (no point going home, I live an hour's drive away from Glasgow). I said it didn't matter, I'd just wait in store, as I hate shopping more than I hate waiting! Sat playing Angry Birds all day and chatting to the (stunning) girl that worked there! :eek:

4. alexwaddell macrumors newbie

alexwaddell

:D

You know you are the third person I've heard say good things about the Orange shop staff - I think they have got the right balance between selling and service (perhaps Apple as their "role model"?). Of course having attractive staff does make the whole experience a lot more pleasant!

Is it your first iPad?

5. MoodyM thread starter macrumors 6502a

MoodyM

No, I've got a 64GB WiFI iPad 1, sold to my mate today for £350