iPad 2: UK Launch

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ConnorTurnbull, Feb 26, 2011.

1. ConnorTurnbull macrumors 6502

We're hearing a bunch of speculation right now about iPad 2's release date. Anyone got any thoughts on the UK launch? Do you think it'll be staggered or at the same time as the US?

2. Simbazz macrumors regular

I'd hate to think that it would be staggered again. I can't really see them doing that again, unless the rumours about parts being in short supply are true. It would certainly be a blow to everyone other than the US if Apple do it again, but then again, the UK do tend to get a bad deal from Apple with prices etc.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If common sense dictated things, it would have to be a global launch.

Any country excluded from the initial launch would see existing ipad sales plumment / die a quick death as people hold out for the newer model.

Apple may be happy to let that happen, however I imagine the many retailers carrying apple ipads would have serious issues with hard to shift stock as people halt their purchases.

That being said this is Apple, and common sense often plays second fiddle, so it wouldn't surprise me, though it would piss me off.

4. DeeEss macrumors 6502a

I was wondering the same thing and if network suppliers like o2 will be subsidising on their data plans them straight away.

5. 2 Owls macrumors regular

Spot on, really hoping it is the full worldwide launch, I've been fancying the iPad since the original rumours and the spec of the MK2 looks like what we were expecting from the those original rumours, It's been a long wait :p

6. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

It looks it will be launched here in US and europe. Possible a few other countries. Other countries would have to wait like those just got them few months ago.

7. KaPOWitsCHRIS macrumors 6502

KaPOWitsCHRIS

I'm praying it'll be like the iPhone 4 launch with US, UK, France and Germany I think it was were released at the same time.

8. MacMonkee macrumors regular

MacMonkee

The page 2 article about the simulcast gives me a lot of hope of a simultaneous release for at least the US and UK. Seems a bit silly to have the event showing in the UK for Apple to turn around and go "oh sorry my little british chums, you're going to have to wait for this bad boy".

or something like that