iPad 2 users with iOS 5 beta 7

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ksizzle9, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

sorry, hope the thread title isn't misleading. I got an iPad from my wife on my birthday a little while back and haven't had a chance to do a whole lot with it, my situation is simple, should i run the beta or not? so my question for all of you guys running iOS 5 beta 7 is whether or not it is actually worth running on their as of yet. As it stands I'm on 4.3.3 and jailbroken, with the lovely multi touch gestures enabled. So the main feature i want, i message, won't really help me as of yet since my wife, or none of my friends that i talk to the most are actually using the beta so it wouldn't do me any good. So anyone got any advice on why i should or should not use the beta?

2. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

If you would be doing it legally. As in you paid Apple $99 dollars, then sure. Otherwise, how dare you!!

3. RandomGuy26 macrumors regular

safari tabs, notification center and customizable autocorrect is what i most use in the beta..

4. cshearer macrumors regular

5. Ksizzle9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'll be doing it legally. No worries about that. I paid my fee. I guess a better question is, how is the overall speed and stability? That's a bigger concern of mine. It was pretty much on par with 4.2.8 on ma iPhone but just curious how it runs on the iPad 2. If I was doing it "illegally" I wouldn't be starting a thread to get flamed. Anyone on how it runs?

6. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Legal, cool. I love iOS 5. I have it "legally as well" on 2 iPads, 2 iPhones and a touch. It's excellent. Very stable though some apps don't work yet, but I've only run across a few of those.

7. Zcott macrumors 68020

As of beta 7 the stability is great and the speed is great too.

8. nutmac macrumors 68040

I think for the most part, beta 7 on iPad 2 is pretty usable.

That said, there are some app compatibility issues (e.g., Crackle crashes on launch) and Music app isn't' very unstable.

It seems Apple will be releasing GM build in couple of weeks, so whether these and other issues are worth the pain or not is your call.

9. Cha macrumors regular

Some apps are not yet functional in IOS 5 yet. Make sure to check the dev forums for any info on the applications you care about.

10. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

using beta OS is just like going to, let's say, Mercedes company and try tor drive Mercedes without wheels - sure, all the cool features are there, but it would be a little bit floppy, wouldn't it?

11. Ksizzle9 thread starter macrumors 6502a

im currently running the beta on my iphone. The only real reason i havent decided to run it on my iPad2 is i dont really feel like setting everything up again. Plus, i have some school books that i literally cant afford to lose. Either way, screw it, ill be loading it up here in a few.