iPad 2 Verizon account setup - Connection Failed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMatthew, Mar 31, 2011.

1. iMatthew macrumors member

iMatthew

Anyone else see this before - did a search through the forums and couldn't find anything on it.

Basically here is the scenario
    1. I have 3 bars
    2. Says Verizon and 3G in the top bar
    3. I click on View Account to setup a new account and it gives me the "Connection Failed"
    4. I have restarted, reset settings, reset network settings, turned on and off Cell and wireless.
    5. I guess I need to call Verizon, but wanted to see if anyone else had this.

I'm still very happy I was able to find my iPad 64 GB Black Verizon yesterday at Best Buy in Chicagoland West Burbs - just got lucky and they had 1 available to sell, as others were for pre-orders. Many thanks to the BB iPad tracker that was posted here.

2. tirnszw macrumors member

Make sure your Verizon Cellular Data (in Settings) is ON before you restart/shutdown your iPad (It is a known bug, got exchanged for a brand new one but the new one also has the same issue.) and try connecting again. According to the guy at the Genius, it is a software bug and the expedited bug-fix request has been submitted.

3. iMatthew thread starter macrumors member

iMatthew

Updating to iOS 4.3.1 fixed the issue and I was able to sign up with no problems.