iPad 2 Verizon account setup - Connection Failed

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iMatthew, Mar 31, 2011.

1. iMatthew macrumors member

Dec 3, 2009
    Anyone else see this before - did a search through the forums and couldn't find anything on it.

Basically here is the scenario
    1. I have 3 bars
    2. Says Verizon and 3G in the top bar
    3. I click on View Account to setup a new account and it gives me the "Connection Failed"
    4. I have restarted, reset settings, reset network settings, turned on and off Cell and wireless.
    5. I guess I need to call Verizon, but wanted to see if anyone else had this.

I'm still very happy I was able to find my iPad 64 GB Black Verizon yesterday at Best Buy in Chicagoland West Burbs - just got lucky and they had 1 available to sell, as others were for pre-orders. Many thanks to the BB iPad tracker that was posted here.
  2. tirnszw macrumors member

Nov 17, 2010
    Make sure your Verizon Cellular Data (in Settings) is ON before you restart/shutdown your iPad (It is a known bug, got exchanged for a brand new one but the new one also has the same issue.) and try connecting again. According to the guy at the Genius, it is a software bug and the expedited bug-fix request has been submitted.
  3. iMatthew thread starter macrumors member

Dec 3, 2009
    Updating to iOS 4.3.1 fixed the issue and I was able to sign up with no problems.