iPad 2, VGA, and Component Video

Discussion in 'iPad' started by arsenalgear, Apr 19, 2011.

1. arsenalgear macrumors member

Hi There,

I know the iPad 2 can mirror everything with the Apple Digital AV Adapter. However, for apps that have VGA mirroring built-in, is there a way to mirror to displays with component inputs using the VGA adapter?

I see that companies have VGA to component cables, but it seems that support for this has to be built into the device's graphic card. Do you need a convertor box for VGA to component to work?

Thanks!

2. dread macrumors 6502a

Just buy the component adapter from apple or a third party

3. XXFirefighter macrumors regular

What's the final result your trying to do here?
    Ipad 2 to VGA?

4. arsenalgear thread starter macrumors member

Yes, iPad 2 to VGA. I have to test some apps that have support for the VGA adapter. However, I just realized my TV has no VGA input. :eek:

Of course, this may all be a moot point if the apps I am testing display the same mirroring options with the HDMI adapter.

Unfortunately, I can't confirm as Apple hasn't shipped my iPad yet. :mad:

I emailed the developers to see if the same mirroring options are available with the HDMI adapter. If the same options are available, I will probably return the VGA adapter.

5. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

I'm confused! I thought the iPad 2 with the new HDMI cable + HDMI TV would mirror whatever is happening on the iPad. Otherwise it's just like the first iPad.

Yeah???

6. XXFirefighter macrumors regular

Your right !
    On HDMI, he wants to test something with VGA...