iPad iPad 2 video issue

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Beachguy, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Beachguy macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

UGH. My iPad 2 dropped off a table to a hard floor (about 1 foot) and now I cannot get the screen to work. I get a blue background with old fashioned analog TV snow. I can tell the rest of the iPad is working fine- briefly, I'll see the display screen, and if I slide to turn it off in the right place, it shuts down. But the video shows that blue for a couple of seconds, turns to backlight on but no display, then shuts off.

Any thoughts on what this may be, and what it will cost to get repaired? I had planned to give it to my wife when I get a new one.

2. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Not sounding good. Its obviously out of warranty and I suspect the cost to repair the screen will possibly exceed the value of the unit or be close enough that its not worth it. You can always inquire with apple. If it was just a screen crack then thats one thing but it sounds like there is some actual damage underneath too.

Sorry, bro.... :(

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

ftfy ;)

4. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

That's okay- I was expecting that but didn't know for sure. Maybe I'll call the Apple store just in case.

I wonder if I can back it up to my Mac...

----------

Yeah, except no, not what happened. This is the one I use for work for notetaking and such. It really did slip. And I'm not real happy.:mad:

5. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Sorry, guy. I do feel for your situation.

6. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

Note to self: Never expect a call in to Apple for even basic help to be worthwhile.

7. Beachguy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Beachguy

It gets better!

Had the iPad 2 sitting on the same table. Wife turns to sit, and brushes the iPad. It falls. AGAIN. I pick it up, hit the power button... and it works properly.

Go figure! It's staying in the cover/case from now on.