IPAD 2 video recording vs. Camcorder

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hulahoop, Jan 5, 2012.

1. hulahoop macrumors newbie

Hi friends,

My business client who lives in a less advanced country in Asia has asked me to buy him a Camcorder (I am in the USA) for him to take home videos of his kids growing up, family time etc.

I was wondering how the VIDEO RECORDING QUALITY of the IPAD 2 is? Would it compare to a mid range Canon/Sony Camcorder?

Do you think the IPAD 2 is a good VIDEO recording substitute as it offers so much more at the cost of portability?

I appreciate your advice as I need to purchase either the camcorder or the IPAD 2 this weekend.

Thanks so much,

desidude

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

3. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Don't use the iPad. It's videos are, quite frankly, horribly. And, it's incredibly awkward to hold.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Don't get him an iPad....a mid or even low end digital camcorder is going to beat the iPads video capabilities into a pulp.

Look at the JVC Everio range...I still have one of the top end ones with the memory cards ( it has two slots for continuous recording) and I still use it.

Can't remember the exact price, but it wasn't as much as an iPad 2 with 64GB that's for sure.

A google search or amazon should help you decide.

5. hulahoop thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Thanks!

I will skip the IPAD2 option as a substitute to the Camcorder!

hulahoop