Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
I have an iPad 2 and when i attempt to view videos on youtube either from the site itself or from the app some videos just say "This video is currently unavailable" while others play just fine on my iPad 2 ? Also i noticed when i'm on the Youtube site and the videos that i can play when i turn the iPad 2 to portrait i see grey thin lines through the text while the video is playing it doesnt happen on other web pages only when the video plays. Anyone run into this issue?

St8kout

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
Just a thought, but if you are trying to view youtube vids by VEVO, you need the free VEVO HD app. Vids look outstanding btw.

I have plenty of vids bookmarked on my computer and when I tried to go there on the ipad it said something like Movie did not Load. Then I found the VEVO app and all is well.

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
Just a thought, but if you are trying to view youtube vids by VEVO, you need the free VEVO HD app. Vids look outstanding btw.

I have plenty of vids bookmarked on my computer and when I tried to go there on the ipad it said something like Movie did not Load. Then I found the VEVO app and all is well.

I installed Vevo and thats actually for music videos. I was looking for a solution to playing youtube videos or is this just a typical problem with iPad 2's not being able to load some youtube videos or freezing up?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.