iPad 2 volume switch wiggle?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jetsetter883, Sep 28, 2011.

1. jetsetter883 macrumors newbie

I'm up to my fifth Ipad 2 and all the ones I've gone through so far have a slight 'wiggle' to the volume switch. This becomes a little annoying when holding the device vertically and you're constantly able to 'play' with the volume switch (albeit slightly)..

Has anyone else noticed this 'wiggly' volume switch? Can you guys possibly check yours? My father has one and his switch is rock solid yet coincidentally his mute switch is a bit loose. The volume wiggle I refer to is very slight, around a millimeter or possibly less, but still a bit annoying for a $500 device..

2. Super Jay macrumors newbie

Super Jay

I have an iPad 1 and my case is thick enough so that I don't hit it that often when I am using my iPad. Why don't you just hold your iPad so that the volume button is on top instead of on bottom? Most games I've played allow you to choose between either horizontal orientation.

3. StoneSoup macrumors member

i actually don't have any wiggling vlume rockers, mute switches, etc. If it bothers you, maybe contact Apple and see what they can do for you.

4. jetsetter883 thread starter macrumors newbie

The wiggle is extremely slight and occurs mostly when I toy around with the switch. But I am beginning to wonder two things: 1) if I'm only finding this 'wiggle' because I am looking for it, and 2) that others must have this as well but being as it's so slight they are just simply not noticing it. :eek:

5. Bob Maxey macrumors member

Checking wiggle now ... hold on .... Nope, no wiggle.

6. jetsetter883, Sep 29, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2011

jetsetter883 thread starter macrumors newbie

Play with it a bit more. You'll notice it. It moves maybe one-third of a millimeter, but it moves. Yep.

Edit: at least all 7 of mine did..

7. Bob Maxey macrumors member

Or not, why temp fate? Perhaps you got a hold of some bad builds, 7 times in a row, how unlucky.

Or what you deem a wiggle or defect is just the way the switch is supposed to work? I know it will be a growing problem for those gathered here; you posted about it and we all will discover the same "problem."

A third of a millimeter is not much and if it is within specifications, it is not a problem.