iPad 2 vs iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tritons, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Tritons macrumors 6502

Hi
    So finally I have money for iPad 2 32Gb WiFi only version and that was my target for a bit less then month but now when I have the money I started to think, may be I should not buy iPad 2 but whait till iPhone 5 gets out and get a iPhone 5. Right now I'm using HTC Desire since October 18. I think my next phone will be iPhone but it's possible that I'll have money for iPhone 5 as well at least when it get's here in Latvia.
    I really can't figure this out. I would want to whait but it would be nice if I had something compact and more powerfull then smartphone as I have only my PC and no laptop. It would be nice to whach movies while I'm away from home. And most important thing that if iPhone 5 is released in September it will take like month or two or even more till it will be awailable in Latvia.

What would you guys do?

P.S I'm not Apple fan boy or something but I like their products and software, actually from 5 people in my family 4 of us uses HTC and dad have Nokia.

Sorry for my bad english.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Seems like you need to prioritize what it is 'you' actually need from your device.

On one hand you want device A, but on the other device B ?

But could you live with not buying device A if you bought B and vice versa ? No one here really knows you, better than you know yourself.

At the end of the day a tablet is a tablet and a smart phone a smart phone. You just have to decide which is most desirable and will not leave you with a taste of buyers remorse.

3. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

Wise words

4. Tritons thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahh whell who am I trying to fool, I can't whait for 2 months. I'll get iPad 2.

5. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    im in a similar position

i am going to wait and see if the ipad3 drops in sept also - also if the IP5 is worth the upgrade from ios4!

would be :mad: :mad: if ipad3 dropped a few months after buying the IPad 2

i

6. Bloodraw850 macrumors 6502

Bloodraw850

Personally I can't live without my iPhone so if I could only pick one it would have to be the iPhone IMO

7. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

This my personal thinking ..The iphone is great but the ipad to me is a better choice in my book plus given the following Data plans with the AT&T & Verizon are chargeing more now for there data plans and they are going up here every couple of months it seams ..

I was only really useing the iphone to make phone calls and get direction's on the phone to get somewhere i need to a diff city .With the ipad i can download my map and it works with me .

8. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

You need to figure out what you want your device to do. Then make a decision from there.

iPad has a bigger screen which makes great for reading (Internet and Books) and adventure games.

iPhone is smaller which makes for simple games and social activities.

9. macrat macrumors regular

After I got my iPad 2 I hardly use my iPhone 3Gs anymore except for telephone calls and listening to music when I go jogging and at the gym.

Maybe in September you might be able to pick up a free 3GS (w/2 year contract) when the iPhone 5 comes out.

To be honest though, I am still salivating for the upcoming iPhone 5, not sure why :confused:

10. Stefx73 macrumors regular

Since no specs were released for an iPhone 5, what are you salivating about?
    Speculative salivation?

11. macrat macrumors regular

Because I really wanted the iPhone4 when it came out but I was locked in with AT&T's two year contract. I'm now on month to month and ready to upgrade.

If it's better than the iPhone 4 (for sure), it's good enough for "speculative salivating" hahaha!

An 8 megapixel camera on the iPhone 5 will certainly do it.

12. dacapo macrumors 6502

Case in point that it really depends on the person. In my case, I still use the iPhone 3GS much more often than my iPad2. It's just always on me, and the iPad I have to actually think to carry it around.

13. Chris in IL macrumors newbie

If I had to choose just one it would be the iPhone simply because I have it with me always. When I'm home I definitely prefer the iPad but I don't take it to work with me or take it with me in the car or when I'm on the riding mower or to the grocery store or...

The iPad is better for internet and games, but since it won't fit in my pocket I would choose the iPhone if forced to only have one.