iPad 2/VZW iPhone Rumor

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Orion126, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Orion126 macrumors regular

2. iPadztr macrumors 6502

3. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

And only if you hear it at White Castle...

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

What a way to start off the new week, with "New" Verizon iPhone/iPad rumors.

5. Dead Panda macrumors member

6. aohus macrumors 68000

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

there won't be a revised iPad before the holidays, the iPad it just about to be released on China, and in other country after that, there is still "a lot" of money to make out of this current Generation. Apple is out to make money, not to put product out there as fast as they can.

Those Android Table you talk about will come to "catch up" with the iPad not to compete with the iPad2

8. djgulia macrumors 6502

LOL Nah, I'd wait for NPH to announce it.

9. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Almost all of the tablets of that spreadsheet seem to be running Android 2.1/2.2 (a few 1.6), but Google has said in the past that Froyo is not meant for tablets, and their was an article last week stating the same thing.

Shocker: Google Says Android 2.2 Not Meant for Tablets in its Current State
    http://phandroid.com/2010/09/10/sho...d-not-meant-for-tablets-in-its-current-state/

Android 3.0 is suppose to be more optimized for the tablet screen, but Gingerbread won't be revealed until next month, and it will be several months after that when manufactures will barely start releasing tablets running Android 3.0, by then Apple will be announcing the 2nd iPad and soon after that will be seeing iOS 5.0 previews, everyone else will still be playing catch up to the first iPad.

10. aohus macrumors 68000

Right, but the Galaxy Tab is already running 2.2 and will be for sale mid October. Google 'says' its not optimized for tablets, but they will assuredly be on a bunch of tablets, whether Google likes it or not. Lets remember that Android licensing is free (with some caveats probably).

11. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I do think that the Galaxy tab is a good tablet (I'm not going to give up my iPad for it) and unlike other manufactures that are just slapping android on a tablet and putting a price tag on it, they're at least making an effort to compete, as well as the Dell Streak.