iPad 2 - Westfarms Mall (West Hartford, Connecticut)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Deadlocked, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Deadlocked macrumors member

Anyone have any luck here? I've been thinking of waiting in line, but how long is it usually? Anybody buy their iPad 2 from here? Any resellers?

Anybody know how much do they usually have in stock ? Thanks.

2. Deadlocked thread starter macrumors member

3. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

No luck, unless you go early. Called them yesterday and the lady said low quantity shipments have been coming in and people are still going in early everyday. I might go in early and give it a shot. Im 15 min away from that store.

I would give them a call. It seams like every store or different day I call, I get different responses every time.

4. Geo411m macrumors regular

A buddy of mine says he went there like 3 times because the Asians kept buying them all first. He had to go at 3 in the morning to get one. I was able to pick one up at Southington Target yesterday (AT&T 32 gig black) so you may want to keep your eyes open for target or use the links from the target thread. Also, if the online inventory shows ipads in stock then it should be in stores. I called yesterday and they said they didn't have it but decided to go anyway and they in fact had 4 of them.

5. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

damit, I called that store to yesterday when I saw they had the 32gb in inventory. I asked the rep and he said they never got any in. Im just gonna chance the drive hoping target has them when they pop up online.

6. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

Tuesday they had a boatload of them, and were handing out tickets until after 10AM. Maybe that'll happen again soon?

7. Geo411m macrumors regular

That's what they did to me. I took my chance and drove from Glastonbury and they had 4 of them even though they said they didn't have any. I was so pissed and happy at the time. There's a pylon script that I used in the target page. It's like page 85 or so. That's what is used and it found me the iPad in an hour. Good luck on your search.

8. Deadlocked thread starter macrumors member

arghh, I'm so pissed I just called the Walmart in Bristol,CT on Farmington road and the guy told me they have 1 16GB White iPad 2 left wifi I jumped into my car and started driving I call him again midway he's like it sold already. FML.

What do I have to DO for a damn iPad, TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY APPLE >:O !

Should I come around 5-6 AM to Westfarms Mall to see if they got any in stock for tommorrow (friday 3/25/10) ?

9. Geo411m macrumors regular

You need to get there at 3am at the upper level parking where nordstrom is. My friend said there was like 6 or 7 Asians buying 2 a piece in front of him and he got there at 3am.

10. raef203 macrumors newbie

I really think the Asian Invasion is going to end soon--the after market is drying up and the sell them internationally tomorrow!

11. Geo411m macrumors regular

That's true. I hope they all get stuck unable to sell them at a profit.

12. Deadlocked thread starter macrumors member

3 AM ?! The apple employee told me they open at 9 and sell them
    At 9 ? How did your friend get one at 3 AM?

Anybody have any luck getting one today?

13. Geo411m, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

Geo411m macrumors regular

You wait in line at 3 AM. They hand out tickets around 7am which gives you the privilege to come back when the store opens and buy the ipad since the store is/was only getting a limited supply of 20 or 30.

Try using the python script from this thread here. It should tell you what target stores has the ipad in stock. I rather deal with target because you can use your target card for 5% off and the 90 day return policy.

Edit:
    I ran the script for you and it showing the AT&T in two locations.

Available (Available) at Target Southington: ATT 32GB Black (057-10-1834) since 2011-03-23 11:5
    Available (Available) at Target North Haven: ATT 32GB White (057-10-1843) since 2011-03-25 14:25

If you get there quickly you should be able to scoop it up. Good luck

14. Deadlocked thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply Geo, I tried downloading that Pyrhon script through my
    iP4 but it says download failed? Idk weird. And I'm looking for the wifi 16GB Black not the 3G version I can just tether off of
    MyWi. :)

15. T4R06 macrumors 65816

16. Deadlocked thread starter macrumors member

Tried it, called them said their system is messed up and it's not in stock but i called an hour later and an employee told me their reserved ? WTF?

17. smf72 macrumors member

Anybody know the current status of ipads at Wetsfarms?