iPad 2 White w/ Smart Cover - Product Red

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by blkonblk17, Mar 16, 2011.

1. blkonblk17 macrumors 6502

Just picked this up today. Expensive @ $69 however I had some extra $ come and pulled the trigger.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sam2428 macrumors 6502

sweet man, looks pretty awesome. I love that color combo.

I havent been able to find the red smart cover anywhere though. Even at apple.com they are 3-4 week delivery.

3. NewYorkRanger macrumors regular

NewYorkRanger

How much money goes to Product RED for each unit sold? Maybe I can justify buying a $70 piece of leather and some magnets.

I doubt it is anything substantial, though. Was pretty pissed when I found out that the product RED Beats By Dre headphones only give 5 lousy bucks per unit sold to the charity.

4. Xultar macrumors 6502a

Xultar

Hey you noticing any colour changes with your red?

I want to get it but I was afraid that hand creams may impact it.

Oh and cleaning it, what are your plans for that?

5. tsekh macrumors member

I'm thinking about returning the red. The color is a bit dull in real life, and I wish it was brigther. It looks bright red in those photos above because flash was used on the camera, but in person it looks darker and more full :( I'm considering right now either to exchange for the cream one or the tan one.

6. reputationZed macrumors 65816

The only numbers I've ever seen were "up to 50%". I wouldn't be surprised if Apples not doing at least that, $35 a pop on one color of the Smartcover is hardly going to impact their bottom line.