Ipad 2 wifi issues - drops when streaming video

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kaelell, Apr 5, 2011.

1. kaelell macrumors 6502

Hi guys,

just wondering if others have experienced anything similar and/or have a solution for it.

I am finding when streaming video say for example with Airvideo or Sky Sports player ( the only 2 i have tried) the ipad, even when sat next to the router, after a short while stops streaming. The connection to wifi symbol remains strong and connected, However in reality it has lost all connection, as when I try to load even a webpage it fails. This is resolved by turning wifi off on the ipad for a second and turning back on, then all is great again.

The problem is not with the router, as other machines on the network still can access the network fine.

anyone else?

2. deluxeh0 macrumors member

3. Lotso macrumors 6502

Lotso

I had the same exact problem. It turned out that my router was failing. Even though my other computer worked fine with it the iPad had some trouble. Try doing a speed test on the iPad, see what happens. Or you can just go buy another router and see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't, then just return the router.

4. ani23 macrumors 6502

Same problem here. There's a huge thread about this somewhere where they recommend turning of security but I am not about to do that.

5. kaelell thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks, I'll look into that