iPad 2 Wifi Issues (Wifi Version)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dcmetro, Apr 12, 2011.

1. dcmetro macrumors member

Folks:

Here is what I've noticed and wanted to see if someone else is experiencing the same.

I have the iPad 2 (64 GB Wifi version). The iPad connects fine to my wifi connection (Wireless G). However it fails to retain the connection for extended times. The data just stops coming after a while (15/20 minutes). I have to turn off the wifi and turn it back on and all works well. All my computers and iPhones (3GS and 4) work fine without any issues on the same network. :confused:

Am considering going to an Apple store for finding out the cause of this issue but wondering if you guys experience such an issue as well.

Thanks.

2. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

I'm not having any issues - I think taking it to the store is a good idea, if you can stick it out another week there is talk of an update, it may fix your issue.

The only connectivity issues I've noticed is Facebook stalls out on me, I just hit reload and it loads. (haven't noticed it on any other site).

3. gquiring macrumors regular

gquiring

I'm not having any issues either. You mentioned wireless G maybe you should see if your firmware is current since it's probably an old router.

4. deluxeh0 macrumors member

Sadly I'm having the same exact problem. It's becoming really annoying. All my other wifi devices work fine. I just updated to 4.3.2 also.

5. xraytech macrumors 68030

The issue is probably with your wireless router.

6. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Noticed this on the iPad 2 I had for about a day. It suddenly died yesterday, and I have to send it in.

7. Chwisch87 macrumors 6502

Of all my devices, the WiFi on my iPad works actually surprisingly well. I was really worried how it would perform at my universities campus's network. Which is still functioning on a G network.................................

My iPad performs without fail. My 2008 Macbook Pro on the other hand drops signal like a waterfall.

8. nosser macrumors regular

I haven't had any issues with my ipad2 64gb wifi and I'm still on 4.3 but I would take yours in.

9. RobNor macrumors 6502

I have a 64GB WiFi ipad 2 with 4.3.2 and have no WiFi issues

10. benjayman2 macrumors 6502

benjayman2

Me too. I'm sure they wouldn't mind exchange if they have any in stock.

11. ShiftyGray macrumors regular

I had the same problem, but since my iPad also had sufficient backlight bleeding and a dead pixel, I turned it in. My iPad 1 did not have this problem, and all my other devices work just fine.

12. zetsurin macrumors regular

There have been several of us discussing wifi issues much like yours since around the 4.3 update of the original ipad, so can relate to your frustration. I get around my problem by hooking up my Airport Express to my router and connecting the iPad to that, as if I use my router directly the iPad will lose internet periodically even though it's actually holding a connection to the wifi just fine. To get to the internet again when this happens I need to go in and out of airplane mode, or click the renew lease option in network settings.

13. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

No problems here I use it about8 hours daily.

14. dcmetro thread starter macrumors member

Looks like I shal take mine to a store find out what they say as well.