iPAD 2-WIFI Problem

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rabdel12, May 11, 2011.

1. rabdel12 macrumors member

Hello all!

I have a 16GB Black WIFI model and it works perfectly fine. However, sometimes when it is "asleep" for more than an hour and I turn it back on, the internet webpage says ,"Loading." I then turn the WIFI off and back on and the ipad 2 reconnects perfectly.
    I dont understand though why I need to do this all the time? Shouldnt it constantly connect 24/7 like my phone and macbook? I never have to turn WIFI off and on just to get it to work on my phone and laptop.

What can I do to fix this on my Ipad 2?

P.S. I have the most recent iOS 4.3.3.

2. Kupp macrumors regular

mine is a 32 gb wifi, and I don't have that problem.

Sometimes when it has been idle it may take a few seconds to react/ utilize the connection but that seems odd.

I would imagine there may either be something wrong with your ipad, or some setting on the router that is foiling the ipads wifi transmitter but on the iphone or macbook.

3. rabdel12 thread starter macrumors member

Its only the Ipad giving me this issue. It connects for a long time but when its asleep for a long time, i have to turn off wifi and turn it back on to get connected

4. Kupp macrumors regular

Yeah, but I think the iPad's reciever has different properties than those other devices. Might be something that it's particular design isn't good with a particular band on your wifi transmitter.

Have you tried changing which band/channel you are on?

Just and idea of something to try before heading to apple.