iPad 2 wireless problems

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dazzer21, Aug 29, 2012.

1. dazzer21 macrumors 6502

Using my iPad2 at home is a dream. The wireless works just fine and I can use it in any room in the house. Today I have brought it into work and the story couldn't be any different!!! I have managed to connect the device to my router, or at least I think I have. In the WiFi pane of the settings panel, it shows WiFi as being on and in the left hand 'Settings' column, the name of my preferred network is shown.

Under 'choose a network', my network is listed, showing a full strength signal, but it is constantly hunting and flashing up other networks in the area, which come and go. Upon selecting my network name under 'choose a network', the pane flashes across to show the DHCP settings.

There is a self-assigned IP address starting 169.154.x.x and the subnet mask. The router, DNS, Search Domain and Client ID fields are blank. I'm sitting next to a Mac and I've tried selecting 'Static' rather than DCHP and copying the settings (although ensuring that the IP address doesn't match anything on the network). HTTP Proxy is off.

I've switched the router on and off and a couple of times have reset the network settings on the iPad and gone through the process to no avail. Being driven to distraction - thought this would be easy!!! Help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

2. dazzer21 thread starter macrumors 6502

Solved

Turns out that the router is an 801.2b item. We don't use it for wireless as a rule and everything us connected via ethernet. Seems that the iPad 2 doesn't support it so that's that. Thanks for reading, though... :eek: