iPad iPad 2 with stuck pixel

Discussion in 'iPad' started by fsilva34, Mar 7, 2013.

1. fsilva34 macrumors newbie

Hello, my iPad 2 has 01 Stuck Pixel in blue it is too small. A question to the possibility of appearing more Stuck Pixels?

Are there any solutions to this problem?

Thank you.

2. simply stunning macrumors regular

Short of replacing the screen/digitizer, and or the whole unit, no there isn't a way to fix the current screen. Could there be more because of it... I would say no, not because you have one stuck/dead. Not to say it couldn't get another stuck/dead pixel. It just wont have anything to do with the first one.

Did you just buy this, or is it something you have had for a while and it just happened?

3. fsilva34 thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought this used iPad, this very new and not faultless in this Apple warranty. thank you for answering my question.

4. simply stunning macrumors regular

Not sure I understand what you are saying. If I read it correctly, you bought it used, and apple is not at fault?

You might try taking it in if it is within the 1 year warranty on the device and just ask if they can do anything for you. The only thing they could do is replace it. Assuming it isn't to far to get to an apple store it is worth a try.

I have read a bunch of times that people have gone in for a stuck pixel, and they couldn't get a replacement for it, but it never hurts to ask. Then again I have had good experiences with taking apple devises in for replacement from Apple. Although I have never had one with a dead pixel.

Good luck!

5. fsilva34 thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPad 2 is out of warranty Apple. I bought this used item!

This very new to this single negative detail is Stuck pixel blue.

Sorry, I'm using a translator online'm in Brazil.

Thanks!!!

6. simply stunning macrumors regular

That makes sense. I would say that you just need to live with it. The best option if you really cant stand it is to sell it to someone with the understanding that there is a problem with it. Then buy a new/used one that doesn't have it.

Good luck