iPad 2 won't backup to iCloud (on iOS 7)...

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by guitarman777, Dec 16, 2013.

1. guitarman777 macrumors regular

guitarman777

Been having a consistent issue where my iPad 2 (running iOS 7) won't backup to iCloud. Doesn't matter if I trigger the backup manually or just plug it into power and let it do its thing overnight.

Example: right now the progress bar is at around 15-20% and the time left indicates less than one minute. It's been that way for the past hour. :confused:

Anyone have any suggestions? I did a search through the posts here on top of searches through Apple Support pages & Google, nothing useful came up. Thanks in advance!

2. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Are you on iOS 7.0.4?

Aside from asking the obvious question if iCloud Backup is turned on, only other thing I can think of is to suggest a hard reboot, then try again.

3. guitarman777, Dec 18, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2013

guitarman777 thread starter macrumors regular

guitarman777

Yeah, latest version. I'll try a hard reboot again, pretty sure I already did once but hey, here it goes again. =)

EDIT: This second attempt at the hard reboot seems to have done the trick. The progress bar has actually progressed and there's only a few minutes left. Thanks!

4. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Glad it worked out for you. Always amazing what quirks that reboot can fix.