iPad 2 won't boot, shows Apple logo then black

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by abta1, Nov 28, 2013.

1. abta1 macrumors 6502

We have this old iPad 2 which was working fine until recently. When you try to turn it on, the Apple logo will be displayed for the split second then a black screen and nothing else. This happens when it's plugged in to the charger as well.

Unfortunately it's no longer covered by Applecare but I'm certain there as been no water damage and there is no cosmetic damage to it whatsoever.

Any ideas what could be causing this or suggestions on how to progress?

2. navra233 macrumors newbie

I have little suggestion.

Sometime low battery cause it. But as you saying you tried it plugged in charging also, I will suggest you to connect with USB cable to Computer.

If it works, There is some issue in Charging Adapter.

3. abta1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried that, as well as multiple cables and multiple chargers, still the same issue.

4. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

5. abta1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tried this too but to no avail, just threw up a black screen as before.

6. lullabyeevee macrumors newbie

your not alone

I own an ipad 2 and it turns on and I have the same issues. I was wondering if you had gotten your issues resolved. I'm tried to bring it to the apple store hoping to pay for repairs since I bought a 64g. Now I'm regretting spending that money if by seeing your post that the issue wasn't resolved. My Ipad has no damage at all to it..