iPad 2 won't charge :(

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sochet, May 4, 2011.

1. sochet macrumors regular

sochet

Heya guys,

Just came home today and the iPad won't charge! I've tried 3 different chargers and USB.

I live about an hour away from the nearest Apple store by train, and as you can imagine I'd rather not go all that way, especially if they don't have replacement stock.

Any ideas I can try?

Cheers!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Call Apple Care. You get 90 days of phone support!

TEG

3. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

Took mine to the Apple Store, the Genius took one look and replaced it.

If you don't want to travel all that way (for you) call them and they will ship one to you.

4. sharpycl macrumors 6502

sharpycl

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Also I thought that iPads won't charge on older computers due to low power outputs through USB? Ive been charging through a wall outlet just fine bit can't charge through my computer for this reason. I can sync my iPad just fine also.

5. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

Make sure the charger you are using is the 10 Watt charger that came with your iPad.

Try folding the folding AC prongs a few times to make sure they are getting a solid connection.

Un-mute your iPad, does it make the "I've been plugged in" chime when you plug in the adapter? If not, check the cable.

Make sure there isn't dirt, lint, dust in the iPad 30 pin connector socket that's preventing a solid contact.

Third party chargers for iPhones/iPods almost never work - especially if they are only 5 Watts.

Good luck!