IPAD 2 won't reset

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by deefer68, Aug 5, 2011.

1. deefer68 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have an iPad 2 32gb, (IOS 4.3 i think) and am giving it to my son.

I choose "erase all data & reset" and get the screen with apple logo and progress bar, but no progress at all after 30 mins.

Any ideas what I should try next?

2. Tonewheel macrumors 6502a

If you have everything backed up, simply restore it in iTunes.

3. Cooolpenner macrumors regular

You can also restore it with iTunes. This should be exactly what you want, it deletes all data and sets it up like a New iPad

4. funnoam macrumors member

I know what you did, because the same thing happened to one of my friend.

You just use the "erase all data & settings" feature on a jailbroken device.

To make simple,the jailbreak moves crucial files on the device, to make space on the system partition (where the cydia apps install). The erase function deletes theses files, because they shouldn't be here. The device cannot boot anymore, restore in itunes is the only solution.

Now maybe you never jailbroke your ipad, in that case restore is again the solution, but its good to prevent people to use that button on a jailbroken device.

5. mponce56 macrumors newbie

my ipad will start to sync with itunes. goes thru two steps an status bar goes to apple logo. ipad does nothing to recognize anything is happening. any body have any idea's? have done all types of reset and shutdowns.