iPad iPad 2 - worthwhile to buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Play442, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Play442 macrumors newbie

Really want to get an iPad but can only budget to an refurb ipad 2 in the uk for £259 - is it still worth buying the device at this stage?

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

I always look at a product that not only is being supported by the manufacturer still but is still being sold by the manufacturer. The iPad 2 is still a worthwhile device and is still current. If the price is attractive to "you" then you buy it. It really shouldn't matter what anyone else here thinks in terms of the price.:)

3. Rodster macrumors 68040

Totally agree with the last post. The ipad 2 is still an excellent device, well built even though it's going on 3 years now. My only caution is that there's a rumor going around and read here on MR that the iPad 4 may replace the iPad 2.

That's the only thing to think about. I would rather have an iPad 4 tbh. Much better specs overall. :)

4. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

3D gaming and movie editing no. Everything else, absolutely.

5. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

Just recently my wife was using an iPad 2 and had no complaints. She didn't want to upgrade and that device did everything that she needed - and did it well. I talked her into getting an Air ( to justify me getting my rMini :rolleyes:)
    So yes, you won't be unhappy unless you're a graphic artist or someone that needs the added horsepower. She still says the screen was very adequate, but loves the light weight of the Air over the iPad 2
    It's all in the eye with the beholder and also what you can afford.

6. Count Blah macrumors 68030

Count Blah

If you can get it with iOS 6, yes. With iOS 7, not so much

7. Kangda macrumors member

8. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

If you want an iPad and it's all you can afford do you really have another option anyway? I'd say it's fine for most things. Tabbed browsing will be limited as will gaming but for everything else it should be fine.

9. LemPh macrumors member

I'd go for a second hand 4th generation. Take a look at the SOLD LISTINGS sections. There are Wifi + 4G for sold for 300GBP. :cool:

10. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I still have mine and have been using it for the past three years. It continues to be a great device. That said, I couldn't recommend it over a new air or rmini, not at the price apple charges. iOS 7 is bad on the A5, and it's hard to imagine future versions of the OS being better, if they are supported at all.

11. theromz macrumors regular