Ipad 2- you going to order online or buy in store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by The Game 161, Mar 7, 2011.

1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

What is everybody going to do? me personally I will order it online. I don't want the hassle to have to wait in line for hours to get the ipad 2 when there is no lock there will have enough in stock.

obviously being in the UK we will have to wait a few weeks at least after everybody in the US.

2. silverfrancis macrumors newbie

Would like to go to apple store, wait in line and buy it but i have school -.- so i hope that i can order it online and still get some of that iPad 2 goodness :D

3. M87 macrumors 65816

I think it's pretty lame they won't let you order until friday, which means a minimum of three days until you'll receive it. I'll be going to the store then. I sold my iPad 1 on the 3rd and yeah, I'm a little impatient, so adding three days onto my wait doesn't appeal to me at all.

4. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Imagine waiting a whole two weeks after everybody in the US :(

5. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

Because you're the only person in the world who doesn't like to wait.

6. Lady Arwen macrumors member

I will be ordering online because I want mine engraved.

7. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Then its shipped from China, I wanted it too but cant wait.

8. Lady Arwen macrumors member

It takes 24 hours extra to engrave. This thing is going to last years. Can't wait a day?

9. AppleKash macrumors 6502

AppleKash

Since there will be no preordering, I'm inclined to visit a Best Buy or Walmart, so as long as I can pick up a white model, preferably 16GB or 32GB, 3G of course. I don't want to have to travel 150 miles to the closest Apple Store in San Antonio, Texas :( Im not all that interested in ordering unless expedited shipping is available, which does not seem likely...

10. bobbleheadbob macrumors 6502a

bobbleheadbob

I'll go to the Apple Store Friday afternoon, probably around 4, and wait in line. Not worried about them selling out this time (I hope!), and the people in line with you are usually fun. :D

11. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I took the day off and I'm going to the store. Should be fun.

12. fishcube macrumors 6502

I will be in town all day and will be checking Walmart and BestBuy. Closest Apple store is 2 1/2 hours away and I won't even bother.

13. jedolley macrumors 68000

Going to try my local Best Buy, Target, and Walmart (in that order) and if none of them have it I will order online.

14. tomandshell macrumors regular

I would order online if they confirm in the next few days that orders placed at midnight will ship on Friday for Saturday delivery, but that won't happen. You aren't saving a dime by ordering online, just adding a few days of waiting after they already have your money. I want to be at home opening the box a few minutes after I pay for it. So it's Best Buy for me, so I can earn reward points.

15. snow blind macrumors regular

Best Buy -> Target -> Walmart -> Apple Store -> Online Apple

16. Krandor macrumors 6502

If I could order online and get it delivered Friday I will. Since that isn't currently an option I will be going to the store.

17. Saberj macrumors regular

I think I'll start off by going to Best Buy, if they don't have enough, then I'll go to either AT&T or Verizon, whichever one I decide on. If they don't have the one I want, then I'll go to the Apple Store. If that still doesn't work, and the online store isn't sold out, that will be my choice. Since they are all in the same area for me, it isn't a big deal. I plan to do some phone calling before I leave work at 3:30 to see if I need to immediately remove any options.

18. Davichi macrumors 6502

I highly highly doubt iPads will be sold out. Last year, it did not sell out immediately. They were sold out in some models, but not all.

499 dollars=16GB wi-fi and 599 dollars-32GB wi-fi will be the first one to go just like it did last year. If you want those two models, then you would need to line up. The rest? I don't think so.

19. Saberj macrumors regular

Last year when you said tablet, everyone thought of something completely different. Last year the term "iPad" was a laughing stock. A lot has changed in a year. I don't think the two situations can be compared at all.

20. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

still if you're buying the 64GB Wifi or Wifi+3G I think you're safe showing up around 5 or 6 at an Apple store.

21. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

My boss is on good speaking terms with the Manager of an Apple Store.. so if he get the manager to set aside a few iPads.. I'll be going into the store!! But if he isn't.. then I'll order online and probably get one-day shipping.

22. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Online. But I might get tempted to swing by the two Best Buys near me. :)

23. marcellus7 macrumors newbie

yea i really dont want to brave the lines at the Apple store, so I think Im gonna try to see how the climate is a Best Buy; worst case scenario I'll order online. I think this launch is going to be a lot bigger than the original iPad launch, because there were lots of skeptics for the first iPad. This time around a lot of old iPad users are upgrading, and all the people who were waiting to see how the iPad would do, and people who have been watching the tablet market grow are jumping on board.

24. Dorkington macrumors 6502a

I'd like to just go pick one up... but I don't know if that will be possible.

I'm still deciding. The first iPad, I just went and picked one up that weekend, not much of an issue.