iPad 2 YouTube video resolution deteriorates

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ian5708, Jan 19, 2013.

1. ian5708 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

This is my first post and I'm hoping to find a solution to my ipad problem when watching the longer YouTube videos.

I have an ipad 2 wifi only.

I've been watching high stakes poker videos on my ipad which are about 43 mins in length.

I have experienced on several occasions that part way through watching videos, all of a sudden the video quality drops from what was highly to extremely low to the point it's hard to make out the people and impossible to read the programmes onscreen graphics.

If I advance or go back in the video the resolution stays the same, poor.

If I refresh the video it plays just fine again from the beginning or at the point where the quality dropped.

I am using the standard YouTube video player.

Can anyone explain or offer a solution?

2. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

I experience the same problem intermittently.

I attribute it to a problem with the youtube app, which has issues buffering videos smoothly, even over optic fiber wifi.

You may want to try an alternate app like jasmine, which should offer a smoother playback experience, at the expense of a slightly inferior UI (you can't watch it in a window while scrolling through comments, for instance).

3. ian5708 thread starter macrumors newbie