Ipad 2?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Danando1993, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Danando1993, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

Danando1993 macrumors regular

I need some advice on getting and Ipad 2 or not, to start off with I already have a 2010 27" Imac for my heavy needs and a late 2008 macbook for small things like internet browsing, emails and video watching.

I never owned the first ipad but I have used both 1 and 2 in my local apple store. I would share the ipad with my girlfriend and im wondering if it would be useful for us as we study graphic design, biology and psychology maybe there is some interesting apps?. I was thinking about the base ipad 2 16GB wifi only, so I would like your opinion am I wanting an ipad which will just be a waste of money or would I love it and use it all the time?

2. jrober macrumors regular

jrober

Buy now. I have an iMac, an iPod Touch and now the iPad2. The iPad is excellent for doing things in a social setting, sharing pictures and much more. I am only a few days into using the iPad and its use grows all the time. On capacity 16GB may not be enough, I went for 32 and think 64 may have been a better bet.

3. Danando1993 thread starter macrumors regular

To be honest I can only afford the base ipad 2 at the moment plus I have all my music on my iphone and wouldn't really bother watching movies on it. I just want to know that it will be useable all the time for me.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Meh, at this point I feel that this would be an unneeded luxury that you could pass up to spend your money elsewhere. The iPad is great for what it does, however in 80 percent of the circumstances where you might want to use the ipad, the MacBook will be a better alternative.

In this case I would see the ipad as a good alternative if you like to play the lightweight games that it has, you're a student and you can use that to take notes, or you go out often and don't want to be burdened by taking a MacBook with you.