iPad iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by alexxmac, Oct 8, 2013.

1. alexxmac macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the iPad 2 is going to be discontinued?

2. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

imo, if apple announce new ipad this month.

They would probably take it out of apple store. Its a shame because i think its the most balance and least problem of all the ipads series. Ipad 3/4 are practically the same.

3. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

I would say its days are numbered but its been an excelent product. Its still the lightest and thinnest of the bunch which is cool :)

Although, if they are still selling them in appreciable quantities then they'll keep them current in the store for a while anyways.

4. richardmu macrumors 6502a

Had my 2 since it was released. Best iPad ever I reckon. Used every day and has been faultless. Tried the mini, and all later iPads and returned them all!

I will almost certainly get the 5 as soon as possible. Trusty 2 will go on ebay.

5. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I think they may milk it for another year like the 4S.

6. Brittany246 macrumors 6502a

They'll get rid of the iPad 2 and replace it with the iPad 4. So they'll be selling the iPad 4 and the iPad 5.

7. ultra7k macrumors 6502

ultra7k

my dad's old ipad 2 is still going like a champ, and I dare say he uses it more than 95% of the people that own an iPad.

He's retired, and he's on that thing morning, noon and night surfing the web, watching videos and listening to music. He falls asleep with it in his bed, and pretty much never has it further than 10ft from him at any given point unless he goes out...

Kind of amazing actually considering he's almost 73.

8. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

That's awesome, good for him! :)

9. sim0n macrumors member

I think its time we say goodbye to ipad 2 from the apple store and let ipad 4 take its place

10. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

If iPad 5 comes out this month then I am going to retire my iPad 2 and sell it off at eBay. iPad 2 is great I am gonna miss it. :apple: