iPad iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Z8beema, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Z8beema macrumors 6502

Z8beema

How long will Apple allow iPad 2 to get updates? Granted the original iPad mini has all the same internals so I would assume as long as that gets updates so will the iPad 2 but how much longer can they support the iPad 2? It's pretty long in the tooth in the tech world.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

iOS 7 may be its last major update, but as long as its being sold it will still continue to receive updates.

3. Z8beema thread starter macrumors 6502

Z8beema

I would imagine if they were still selling it then it would still get updated but really how many more updates would it survive and retain any speed? How long until you get the "this app is not compatible" pop up? I don't see it having much life less but this is just my opinion

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I believe the reason Apple is still selling the iPad 2 is because 1.of the 30-pin dock connector and 2.because it is still selling very well to schools and businesses, these companies still have many accessories that require 30-pin connector and to be honest, I doubt some kid in kindergarden cares about a .03 second lag like we do.