iPad 2G

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Willie5566, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Willie5566 macrumors regular

I am starting to get the itch again to get an iPad. I am trying to wait until the next generation comes out. Anyone know when the next one will come out. I was hoping it would be in September.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

All the other hundreds of similar threads point to a release in spring 2011, with a slight chance, better: Hope, for a release before Christmas 2010.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

There are a minimum of 100 threads on this already on here. Just search for stuff like that. It won't be in september for sure, but no one knows. There is zero reliable info as to when that will happen

4. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

Before Christmas would be fantastic. Mods feel free to close thread. Sorry I got lazy.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

It will be next year, go ahead and get one, you won't regret it

6. woodekm macrumors 65816

woodekm

I got my WIFI only model, shipped to me the first day. Sold it recently (2 weeks ago), and got my 3G so I can travel with it, and have no internet issues.

The ONLY reason Id buy a new one now, is if it had the HD screen the iPhone 4 has. And even then, I wouldn't be in a rush. Camera? NOPE, dont care. Face time?. NOPE, dont care either. I just dont see this thing being any better than what I use it for.

I F'n LOVE this thing! JUST BUY IT ! !

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

TBH (To Be Honest), Apple usually refreshes their devices once a year --> that being said it doesn't make sense to me and many others that Apple will release a new iPad before spring 2011. It is possible that they may release a new device like an ipad but not a 2G ipad, lets call it the iPad 1G' (prime) for now. These are all speculations but I feel you should break the barrier and get one --> if you NEED it. If for games and etc... you can hold off.

8. ny2nctova macrumors member

ny2nctova

Tired of seeing the same posts, get the iPad now if you want, iPad came out 5 months ago, apple Refreshes stuff usually year and half.

Get one now, and sell it before the new one comes out.

Or keep it like I am doing.

9. Ciclismo macrumors 6502a

Ciclismo

10. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Why people keep making threads about this? Mods should just delete these posts.

11. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

Who the ***** is holding a gun to your head to read and or respond to these posts?!?! Does it ruin your life that much to see a duplicate thread? There has actually been some good comments and feedback on here. Go be miserable somewhere else.

12. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmm....I would probably get the wifi model. I really do not want to buy another data package and wifi is in so many places now.

As for features, I suppose you are right. I am not concerned with a camera or face time. I have my iPhone for that. As you said, I would like the iPhone screen, three access gyro and the price drops are always nice. :D

13. My name is Alex macrumors regular

My name is Alex

Hmmmmm...... I reckon.... That, the next generation, of the iPad, will be better..... Than this iPad.:D

14. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

15. techinside macrumors newbie

iPad 2 roundup: Camera, mini USB, thinner and ships Q2 of 2011

Analysts over at Goldman Sachs have claimed that Apple is going to release a refresh to its iPad that is going to be a 9.7 inch tablet instead of a rumored 7 inch one. It is going to have a built in camera (for Facetime), a mini USB port and is going be thinner than the previous model. They have also speculated it to be coming out at the second quarter of next year.
    Source
    http://www.theiloop.com/ipad-2-roundup-camera-mini-usb-thinner-and-ships-q2-of-2011/

16. PhelpsiPhan macrumors 6502

PhelpsiPhan

I am so sick of people asking when the iPad 2G and New Air will be coming out, seriously people, if you need/want one.... GET ONE!!!!

17. aluren macrumors 65816

Why don't you get a used iPad on ebay or CL for cheap? Apple products are known to hold its value and when the 2G iPad comes out, sell it and grab the new one.

18. Tomacorno macrumors regular

I am waiting for the MacRumors Buyer's Guide to tell me when it is cool to buy an iPad. :p

19. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Or maybe you shouldn't post stupid threads with questions that obviously nobody can answer. Did you REALLY expect a real definite answer as to when a new one is coming out? There's a million more threads on here equally as stupid as yours, why didnt you just look at one of them instead of spamming the forums?

20. Willie5566 thread starter macrumors regular

There is no such thing. iPads are pretty much going for retail on Ebay.

21. AngelusV macrumors newbie

Your question has been posted a million times, but that doesn't mean you don't deserve your own individual answer.

Honestly, I bought one last week. I looked on eBay for weeks, but I never found a deal that seemed worth the risk. There were deals that came off as decent, but they never seemed good enough to bother. I ended up just going into an apple store, and getting a really nice apple associate to run me through the device in hand. I had done research for months on it too. I went to google news and sought iPad news daily and I read peoples testimonials good and bad. I finally bought one, and honestly I love my 64 gb wi-fi. I didn't get 3G, because I work from home or at the office daily. I have a ton of iTunes movies, so I bought the biggest capacity. I have an ip4 for my mobile surf and gps needs.

Where I can relate to you and everyone in your shoes is the anxiety to buy into the 1st gen crowd. Besides personal fulfillment, you get a lot of criticism for being an early adopter. iSheep, follower, etc... Just a few names you'll be called. I remember getting my iPod touch 1st gen with no apps, and having to upgrade because it was alienated later on. It never sat well with me, but it happened. There always will be better, but that's technology.

Honestly, just get one if you can afford it. My game plan is to make sure I have the money to buy a new one next year if it's amazing, and sell my old one early this time. You can always make more money.

Edit: forgot to say I love my iPad.