iPad 2's In The Charlotte, NC area...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gosabres1984, Mar 16, 2011.

1. gosabres1984 macrumors regular

Anyone who lives in or around the Charlotte, NC areas...including Concord, Mooresville, Statesville, Huntersville, Gastonia, Kannapolis, Monroe, Rock Hill, Fort Mill, ect.

Post here if you know of any Best Buy's, Wal-Mart's or Charlotte's Apple Store that gets in or has any iPad 2 shipments!

Thanks.

2. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I'm in Winston-Salem, and the Apple Store in Raleigh, Durham, and Greensboro are sold out and won't reveal when they plan to get them in. The Best Buys in the area are sold out, as are Targets and WalMarts. Literally no one has them in the Triangle or Triad.

As I said earlier, the University store is planning on getting a shipment depending on how long it takes from China to here. Could be late this week or early next week. The guy working there said he'd assume Monday. You're out of luck barring camping at the APple Store each morning.

3. windupbird macrumors newbie

Triangle Area iPads

I spoke with a very forthcoming person at the Durham Apple store today who said that they were planning to open at 9:00 yesterday but didn't get in any iPads to sell until yesterday afternoon. They had 24 to sell this morning and ran out within minutes of opening at 10:00. He said that inventory is going to be completely hit or miss for a while and they are not guaranteed to get in any and don't usually know for sure until they get the truck. Since it is so unknown, they aren't going to be opening at 9:00 anymore.

The folks at the Raleigh store are a lot less forthcoming and won't say anything, but the vague hints seem to back up the hit or miss story from Durham. The lines at both stores are at least 20 deep every morning.

NC appears to be a dry well for iPad 2s.

4. bigocb macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

The SE Charlotte target shows limited availibility of 64gb wifi in white.

5. gosabres1984 thread starter macrumors regular

I called and he is correct. As of 7:30 PM ET this Target location has 3 of the WIFI Onbly 64GB White iPad 2's.

6. bigocb macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Now if I can just find the 32gb wifi

7. pakrat77 macrumors newbie

I've got a 32 gb reserved at BB @ Blakney and a friend has one at Rivergate, both were placed Saturday and neither of us have received calls yet. Rock hill BB and S. Charlotte Walmart said they hadn't received any since launch. Apple store at South Park said they receive them daily but the line starts forming at 7:00 am and the store doesn't open until 10:00.

8. bigocb macrumors newbie

Target

The south Charlotte target shows as having 64gb white wifi, as does the far south Charlotte target in Blakeny

9. bigocb macrumors newbie

Charlotte

Anyone having any luck in town? I've been avoiding the apple store. Are there lines each morning still?

10. jonhcox macrumors regular

No luck. I'm in Highland Creek and both the Best Buy at Concord Mills and at Northlake are out. As is Walmart on Concord Mills Blvd. Not sure about Target at Northlake or Kannapolis.

I think I'm just going to wait and see if Apple does anything about the light bleed issue. By then, hopefully supply will have evened out.