iPad 2S or iPad 3 , what do you think Apple will launch?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adrianeitor92, Mar 5, 2012.

?

iPad 2S or iPad 3

Poll closed Mar 7, 2012.
  1. iPad 2S

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. iPad 3

32 vote(s)
    84.2%
  3. iPad 3D+Holographic Retina Display 8K Laser Keyboard (troll option XDXD)

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. adrianeitor92 macrumors newbie

I think that the next iPad will be called iPad 2S.
    It's logical if we take into account the iPad 3 part leaks. Same design, better processor (like iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4S) and in this case with the retina display.

so, what do you think?

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

I generally agree. However, the inclusion of the retina screen seems like a big enough leap to warrant a full version. Though, I guess you could say the same about Siri in the iPhone 4S.

I wish they would drop the number scheme all together. How many years will it continue? iPad 12? iPhone 10s? Why not simply call them iPad and iPhone while keeping note of the generation (like iPods)?

3. adrianeitor92 thread starter macrumors newbie

The main difference between iPod's with iPhone's and iPad's is that there are 4 different types of iPod's.
    Imagine calling, the iPod Nano 3, the iPod Touch 4, the iPod Shuffle 4, iPod Classic 2, it would be very weird.

However, I also prefer and iPhone with no number, like the iPod's, even if there's only one type of iPhone.

4. barkomatic macrumors 68040

I don't see how anyone could view the inclusion of a 9.7 inch retina display and possibly LTE as a minor upgrade--that's huge. Though, there seem to be those who think no matter what changes are made to the hardware that only a redesign warrants a full version upgrade.

5. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I voted for the troll option.

Think different.

6. shanmugam macrumors 68020

shanmugam

iPad 3 keep it simple. (if it has retina display)

may be next year we might see iPad 3S (only some speed bumps and everything remains same).