iPad 2S - Will you buy??

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RoyWill, Feb 9, 2012.

?

If its only an iPad 2S with an upgrade to the Display and faster processor? Will you

Poll closed Feb 29, 2012.
  1. Will wait in line

32 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. Will wait to see whats the major upgrade

27 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. May consider

22 vote(s)
    25.3%
  4. May switch to Samsung :(

6 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. RoyWill macrumors member

If its only an iPad 2S with an upgrade to the Display and faster processor? Will you buy??

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

iPad 2S? Nope
    iPad 3? Nope

I'm perfectly happy with the original iPad.

3. iWantThat macrumors member

This isn't directed solely at you I am just starting to get a bit confused at some other posts on this board. If a new iPad comes out next month with a retina display, A6 (maybe not quad core, but improved GPU to handle the screen), LTE, and improved cameras but it is still housed in the same casing as the iPad 2 and is called the iPad 2S you will not buy it? It seems that a lot of people would buy it even if it didn't have the LTE or other improved features aslong as it gets the designation of being called the iPad 3. The way I look at it, I much rather get improved internal upgrades such as the retina display than to change the physical design just so it's different than the last model. If it's called the iPad 2S (which I don't think it will be) so be it.

4. RoyWill thread starter macrumors member

I totally agree... and I just want to see people's response. It just like the 4S.. same outlook with major hardware upgrade..

I am like 90% will get a new ipad ... :D

5. number84 macrumors 6502

6. David085 macrumors 6502a

David085

Yes I selling my iPad 1st Gen on ebay so I will buy the iPad 2S or 3 whatever they decide to name it

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Well, what would you consider an upgrade "worthy" to be called iPad 3? To me, upgraded display and faster processor sounds like a major upgrade -- I wouldn't call that "only."

Or, are you suggesting that if it's a retina display + faster processor, but Apple calls it iPad 3, more people will buy it? :confused:

8. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

If it gets an upgraded display with 2 times the linear resolution, how is it a "S" model?

9. matttye macrumors 601

Nope. There's nothing I want the iPad to do that it doesn't already do..unless it prints money.

None of the options in your poll reflect a "no" answer.

10. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

I wouldn't buy it, because I don't have endless money for toys ;)

The "iPad 2s" that you described sounds like most peoples' predictions for the iPad 3. What's the difference? Surely nobody is expecting another case redesign right after the last one.

11. WLS macrumors 65816

If it is in basically the same size shell which appears to be your definition of an iPad 2S it still qualifies to be an Ipad 3. For me it's a plus if the size is the same as then I can still use the cases I have bought for my 2 and 1 iPads. I want it to have the same dimensions. I don't see where a size change would be even warranted. It's a non issue.

12. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

It's an interesting question: LTE is worthless to me because there's virtually no coverage in the UK, Retina display would be nice but not essential and I have no issues with the current speed of the iPad 2. I only ever use the cameras for FaceTime so don't care about upgraded cameras either.

So, logically, everything points to me not being bothered about upgrading to the next iPad.
    However, I know deep down that as soon as I see one in the shops, I'll have to buy it :)

13. LTMK macrumors member

If the new ipad really have a retina display.. I will get one... if not... will wait... my ipad 2 still works GREAT!!!

14. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

I'll probably order on line as soon as it is available. Last time I tried waiting in line but that was hopeless. Asian families were waiting in line overnight and they would buy out all of the stock, no matter what versions were available. This was good for them as they could resell them in countries where the iPad 2 was not yet available for a healthy profit.

For me I just want the double resolution display. A faster processor, more memory, Siri, better WiFi and such would all be great, but I really want the high resolution display. I work with a lot of high resolution content so this would be a dream.

15. Zcott macrumors 68020

My money literally is waiting for a retina display iPad.

16. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

Said it many times, not until the iPad has a Swipe Gesture that gives me access to my Library or Music Video Playlist.

I do want the iPad again because I missed my iTunes (Protected) Purchases and a few Apps. This is why I went back to the iPhone, I had a few androids and loved it.

17. alflavor macrumors regular

It would have to be something major, having only just got into iPad2 a couple of months ago!

18. iRooney macrumors 6502

iRooney

There is no way Apple is going to put LTE into the iPad before the iPhone. The iPad 3 will get a retina display....that's a given...but they surely wouldn't do retina and LTE in the same upgrade. They space these things out. Why would anyone buy the iPad 4 if everything they've been wanting was already in the 3? If the original iPad had the A5 and cameras, why would anyone have bought the 2?

19. newyorksole macrumors 68030

It's funny when people "cry broke" on here.

I'm sure no one on this forum has "endless" money, but are able to put money aside for things they want while still paying for more important things.

20. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Is a vote "no" the equivalent of saying "no matter how much faster or how much better the display is or how much faster non wifi connectivity is, unless the world can see by a new form factor that I have the latest and greatest I won't buy it"? :rolleyes:

The iDevice argument is like the opposite of the MacPro argument where the form factor is revered and the internals matter. But then I guess one doesn't go out in public flashing around one's MacPro.

21. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Retina is what I want ; LTE don't need as i use my mobile WiFi Router with LTE already. Would be redundant.

When I could use the SIM in both devices I'm fine but I'm sure that our mobile provider here in Japan are still avoiding such freedom.

Faster CPU/GPU I think is also given to dive the retina efficiently.

Hopefully four weeks to go.

22. filmbuff macrumors 6502a

filmbuff

No no, I'm not broke, I just choose not to buy every new gadget that comes out :D

23. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

My iPad 2 is still in perfect condition and does everything I need it too.

However, I read a lot of books on it, so the upgrade in display grabs my attention. I currently have the 32gb, getting a memory upgrade would be nice.

If I could get a decent price for my 2 I would consider it. But I won't be going out my way to make a sell.

24. qCzar macrumors regular

I have yet to purchase an iPad. I'm waiting for the next iteration, but if it's a dual-core I'll probably purchase an iPad 2 for $100 less, despite a retina display and other spec bumps. If it's quad-core I'll jump on the new version without hesitation.

25. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a