iPad 2S

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wesk702, Oct 29, 2011.

1. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Could the iPad be the way of the iPhone and have an iPad 2S?

Think I would be pissed.

2. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

I don't think so.
    I think that they do the iPhone like this because contracts are usually 2 years so they do a major redesign every 2 years then a spec,performance, camera, IOS bump every other year.
    Edit:
    and also the iPad, does not have a contract so yeah

3. mox358 macrumors 6502

mox358

With Apple anything is possible, but I'm with Wrinkster, it's very unlikely.

The iPad sales model is closer to the iPod Touch than the iPhone. I figure eventually they'll even drop the number from the name of the iPad and it'll just be named like the iPod Touch is, ex: "iPad (4th generation)".

4. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

But look at the iPod touch, it's followed the same patern as the iPhone over the years obviously the iPod doesn't have a contract.

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

And worse, this year it was barely even upgraded!

6. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Why? is someone forcing you to buy the next release regardless of what it is? :confused: :rolleyes:

7. Alisstar macrumors 6502

Alisstar

I don't think Apple felt the pressure to have a major upgrade of the iPod touch this year due to lack of competition. Yes, there's other alternatives, but quite frankly the iPod touch is a bargain at $199 with the A4 processor, camera, high res display, etc. Perhaps next year it'll have a nice upgrade that'll catch it up to the iPhone 4S or maybe the next iteration.

8. Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Why would you be pissed?

What difference does it make what they call it?

Besides both S upgrades on the iPhones were great upgrades. I don't care what anyone says.

Internal wise they were the biggest bump in performance of the iPhones.

9. wesk702 thread starter macrumors 68000

wesk702

:)
    It's cause I usually like to keep up to date with my products as many others do here. Some of us like to have a significant product upgrade instead of adding little additional features and basically calling it a 0.x update and then having to wait another year for a fresh product. I like to get new gear. Don't know what's so hard to understand. Some of us like to get more bang for our buck. Simple as that. Thread crap elsewhere.:)

10. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Times have changed and Apple has adapted. It's impossible to predict what may happen next. Having broken out of their old somewhat consistent patterns it's a more interesting Apple today.