Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
Updated a few days ago. The UI no longer smooth. Lots of stuttering. Safari is also slow. Yes it's an older gen iPad but things are not as good as they were before. Charging also seems to be taking much longer. Not sure what's going on here. Original Apple cable didn't work. Tried a 3rd party spare and that has worked but the apple original cable was working a few days ago. This isssue will take a day more to reveal itself as I try charge.

Also noticed the text focus edit magnify feature has become inconstant in its activation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daniel80

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
what IOS where you on be for ? now you are stuck has you can not downgrade back too the IOS you where on be for

Omega Mac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 16, 2013
I do not remember exactly since this is not a Mission critical device. It's possible it was on a version of 9.x.x but nothing earlier than 9.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
i would plug it in too itunes and retore it and set it up has new dont re store from a back up or you could get what ever bugs that you had on that back up set it up has new and see if it runs any better

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.