iPad 3 16GB enough?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Scott2345, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Scott2345 macrumors regular

just bought a iPad 3 16GB, wont load no movies or music maybe a couple pictures but mostly apps for myself and my kids, whats a rough estimate on how many apps I can load on it? not a hardcore gamer not looking to get infinity blade or real racing, nothing like that.

2. John Adams macrumors regular

If your not loading movies or music then 16 is ten times more than you'll ever need.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Movies take up a huge amount of space.

4. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

No games or movies, 16GB will, or rather should, be plenty for you. Estimating the number of apps you'll be able to fit on it is pure guesswork, considering that apps/books vary greatly in size. There's also extra app data that certain apps store on the device, sometimes significantly increasing their overall size.

5. irDigital0l Guest

Real Racing and Infinity Blade can take up anywhere from 1GB-2GB each.

crazy.

And remember...when you dont actually get 16GB, you get something like 14.5GB.

6. Scott2345 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! Forgot to add no books as well, just apps. Sounds like ill be ok with the 16gb.

7. Scott2345 thread starter macrumors regular

That is crazy! Good thing I don't play them
    Games.

8. Scott2345 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow! Well that's good to hear, I couldn't make up my mind on a 32 or 16 but then went with 16. I have a iPhone in which I have my photos and music, I'm not gonna be taking pics with my ipad. And I store all my music an photos on my MacBook. My main concern was the ammount of apps I can have, but not a hardcore gamer at all.