iPad 3 16GB vs iPad 2 32GB

Discussion in 'iPad' started by adrianeitor92, Mar 4, 2012.

1. adrianeitor92 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I had an iPad 2 3G 32GB and I've never filled, so I'm deciding if getting an iPad 3 16GB (or iPad 2S haha) will be enough because of retina display
    Apps will have bigger size isn't it?
    I did not have any videos on iPad 2 except 4 or 5 videos on Mxtube, and I used Spotify for music

What do you think?

Thanks

PD: Forgot my English, I'm Spanish ;€

2. seong macrumors 65816

seong

If I dont have any concern with money, then get the 32GB for the retina devices.

3. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

How much of the 32GB are you using? For me personally I will be getting a 16GB this time around because I am only using 4GB and I don't expect that will change much... Music is mostly on my iPod, and I stream movies from Netflix rather than putting them on my iPad. If I was using 50% or more of my iPad, I would likely get the larger size, but that is just me.

4. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

32gb is more, thus heavier.
    basic troll science.
    just pointing out the facts.

5. adrianeitor92 thread starter macrumors newbie

;)

----------

I always filled the iPad with things I did not need at all.

Anyways, I hope Apple launch the iPad 2S (iPad 3) only in 32, 64, 128GB keeping the price

6. HERO XXL macrumors regular

Forgot all about this!
    With each generation, I seem to realize that I'm not really utilizing all the extra space. I just recently purged the second of 11 gigs worth of comics--which made NO sense at all, considering I can delete them on the fly. I never came CLOSE to filling the 64 on the 1st, so I guess I'll be going with the 16 this time around!

(...but you know the 16 is always the first to go--so you might wanna bring along some extra loot just in case!)

7. Zcott macrumors 68020

Keeping music on iTunes Match removes all need to store music on the iPad, and apps will be bigger but not massively bigger. I'm going for another 16gb.

8. volntitan macrumors 6502

I had planned on getting a 32gb, but now rethinking. I have a 1st gen 32gb that isn't even closed to filled. I could get a 16gb, a nice cover/case, accessories plus apple care for the price of a 32gb. Still not sure though.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

When you say you never filled it up, how much available space did you have? If you have 1/3 free you should be OK if your use habits remain constant.

Also do you have a lot of apps on the iPad 2 you never use? Kick those off and see how much additional space is gained. It might give you a clearer idea of how much space you really require.

Apps will not necessarily use more storage b/c of Retina, it depends on the app. For example an app like TuneIn Radio will look nicer but probably "weigh" the same as now whereas Madden 13 or a GPS app will probably be a lot "heavier" because of each's reliance on sharp graphics.

10. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Thats a really great idea Chupa Chupa. By getting rid of all the stuff you don't use or need on your current iPad, you will likely get a better idea on how much space you will need.

11. RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

I forgot all about iTunes match and never really researched it. If I pay for it, my entire music library will be stored in the cloud and won't need to be stored on my iOS devices? Man if that's the case, I will probably go for the 16g... I was going to go for the 32g.

12. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Should be fine to just go with the iPad 3 16GB.

13. jbimler macrumors regular

I'm leaning towards the 32GB, but not entirely sure yet. I have a paid subscription to Netflix, Hulu, and Spotify so maybe that would cover the majority of my media needs. I'll probably never load a movie onto it unless I leave town. I guess the only other worry is the size of higher resolution apps and games if I were to get the 16GB.

14. ebolamonkey3 macrumors regular

ebolamonkey3

If you don't need the 32gb now, just go w/ the iPad 3 16gb.

15. bjet767 macrumors 6502a

MORE MEMORY IS ALWAYS BETTER!

I have been using personal computers since the C64 and the truth is more is always better. My company gave me an iPad2 16Gig and the corporate app planners already complain about the lack of memory. When I purchased my iPad 1 I bought 64 and have never been sorry for spending the extra $$$. More video is at the top of the list!

16. Bradllez macrumors 6502

Bradllez