iPad 3.2.1 jailbreakme

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by kilidar, Aug 2, 2010.

1. kilidar macrumors member

Has anyone managed to jailbreak 3.2.1 on 3G iPad? mine just reboots when I slide to jailbreak.

2. melman101 macrumors 68030

It worked fine for me on WiFi iPad. But I didn't want it, so I restored almost immediately.

3. kilidar thread starter macrumors member

It worked on a 3GS with ios 4.0.1 but will not work on iPad 3G tuning 3.2.1.

4. robbo007 macrumors newbie

robbo007

I have a 64GB 3G ipad with 3.2.1 and it reboots once I "slide to jailbreak" Has anyone found the fix?

Rob

5. lionsy macrumors 6502

I've been following progress on a few different sites so far, it looks like 3G users just reboot after sliding to jailbreak but wifi users don't have the problem and it works fine.

32GB wifi + 3G, I just reboot

Comex said he'd implemented a fix last night but it still doesn't work :)

6. spob15 macrumors member

finally worked

I had the same trouble with the iPad restarting.

Turn on Java
    Turn off Pop up blocker
    clear history, cache, and cookies

then go to jailbreakme.modmyi.com

it worked first attempt after that

7. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

I just did the above, it worked for me on my iPad3G 32gb

8. clovis112 macrumors regular

i think the problem lies on the 3G version. i have the wifi version and it was just showing the "purple screen" for a long time and i found a solution from modmyi site.

9. lionsy macrumors 6502

He's just updated it, it now works for me (3G 32GB)

10. clovis112 macrumors regular

good to hear! :)

11. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

I'm pretty concerned about this whole thing. A link to a rouge URL and this exploit could be used to hack my ipad and iPhone?

Is it only iOS that is vulnerable or is osx 10.6 also effected.

12. gwynne macrumors 68000

gwynne

No one's making you click. No need to be concerned.

13. ThomRimmer macrumors member

I'm pretty new to jail breaking, infact a total newbie!

Can somebody explain to me in simple terms what the advantages are for me to jailbreak my iPad, am I naive to think that it will mean I can get all the paid apps from the app store for free?

Thanks
    Thom

14. Don Kosak macrumors 6502a

Don Kosak

You don't understand this exploit.

Any site can load a rogue PDF and load a key-logger, virus, backdoor, etc WITHOUT you clicking or sliding ANYTHING.

The site might look like an iPad Accessory site, and as you browse it, it loads the infected code in a hidden iframe. The only way you'd know you were getting hacked is that the little spinning loading indicator in the top left of your status bar would keep spinning.

Apple has got to get this patched quickly.

Until it does, I'd limit your browsing to a handful of very trusted sites.

15. kingtj macrumors 68020

Really, you should do a little searching on your own...

Your questions have all been answered MANY times on this very forum, as well as others.

Nonetheless, I'll give you a quick rundown:

If you jailbreak your iPad, you'll still be able to do everything you did with it before, except you'll also have a new application installed called Cydia. You can think of it as a second, alternate "App Store" where all the software is placed (both free and paid) that wasn't approved to distribute via the official App Store. Sometimes, developers just refuse to pay Apple the $99 per year fee required to be able to submit anything for approval. Others wrote software Apple considers "not allowed" because it manipulates things Apple doesn't officially approve of developers controlling on the device.

Probably the single most popular paid app people jailbreak to purchase and use is "MyWi" - an app that allows you to tether other devices to your device, via a wi-fi "hotspot" it sets up when you run it. This lets you share your 3G cellular connection with other people around you, or with a laptop computer that doesn't have its own cellular data card in it.

You won't be getting any paid App Store apps for free just because you jailbroke your phone or iPad though. Some people do that with jailbroken devices, but it requires more configuration and software tools that let you find and load the cracked versions of the apps.

16. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Rouge alert indeed.