iPad iPad 3.2.2 jailbroken via limera1n

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by einmusiker, Oct 9, 2010.

1. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

apparently limera1n is able to pwn ipad ios 3.2.2. anyone able to confirm? I don't have windows so can't try it yet

2. klover macrumors 6502a

3. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

is there currently anyway to JB my 3.2.2 iPad?

I just did a complete restore where it downloaded 3.2.2 for me.

4. undftd macrumors newbie

Just did the jailbreak with limera1n on my 3.2.2 iPad, worked perfectly, unfortunately it needs a PC to work, the actualy jailbreak was quick, installing iTunes on the PC took forever :(. Got installous on there and downloading apps right now ;)

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

6. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So I been researching this for the past hour and what I've gotten from all this is that LimeRain allows 3.2.2 to be JB put only w/ Windows and not Mac.

Which sucks for me but was reading up on SHSH files and am hearing contradictory stuff on both ends; one saying you can only have the SHSH files if you've saved them before upgrading to 3.2.2 and others that say otherwise.

So far i've downloaded RecBoot and Umbrella...in Umbrella I asked for 3.2.1 for my iPad from Cydia, says I got it but when it comes for me to option-click restore in iTunes (after using RecBoot to put in recovery mode) the SHSH file that Umbrella presents me is not clickable.

Help?

7. Ksane macrumors regular

If you've got your own 3.2.1 shsh files you can do what I did the other night. Download an image of the original 3.2.1 firmware and then use your 3.2.1 shsh with Tiny Umbrella to install it then jailbreak with jailbreakeme.com. The exact directions are at http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1014162
    I might not be understanding you right though. Tiny Umbrella let's you store a copy of your shsh on your own computer's hard drive when it finds them.
    I wish I could help more.

8. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'm not entirely sure if I have my own personal 3.2.1 shsh files. However do remember visiting Cydia on JB 3.2.1 and it saying in small green font that they were backed up.

I've downloaded the 3.2.1 firmware and is currently on my Mac. With the 3.2.1 shsh files I got from Tiny Umbrella, they're greyed out when it comes time for iTunes to ask me what file to select (after hitting option-click when clicking restore)

9. Ksane macrumors regular

If I'm remembering correctly it's not the shsh file you click on after shift/restore. It's the firmware file that you look for and click on. Tiny Umbrella takes over from there.

10. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You need to point iTunes to the 3.2.1 firmware, not the SHSH files.

11. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

This is awesome news. Duh on my part. I'mexcited to try this out now. Since last attempting this for the past hour I went out to a party to try to feel better..I was seriously pissed about being stuck in 3.2.2 purgatory till novembers update. And I'm typing this post on my phone but ill most likely get outta here soon to go home and try it out.

12. xraytech macrumors 68020

Uhmm...

It works with iOS 3.2.2

13. Ksane macrumors regular

14. Frado macrumors member

It didn't work for me on 3.2.2. And somehow my shsh's for 3.2.1 got lost, so now I have to wait for a fix. Limerain DID work for my iPhone 4 on 4.1, but not for my iPad which I updated to 3.2.2

15. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Thank you.

I'm running 3.2.1 once again, after having 3.2.2 on my iPad. Really. Thank you. I just got home and implemented the tips from this thread and i'm back to 3.2.1 -

Obviously I'll be able to get Cydia and be JB'd till the November update.

Thank you so much.

As one fellow iPad user to the next, i do hope you can understand my appreciation.

:):):):):):):):)

16. NJBlackBerry macrumors member

Limera1n works fine on iPad 3.2.2

I did two of them last night.
    Geohot has been fixing bugs on the fly, it is now up to beta 4.

You don't "have to wait for iOS4".

Limera1n works on the iPhone 3gs (not the 3g, as I found out), the iPhone 4, iPod Touch 2g and 3g and the iPad.

http://www.limera1n.com to download

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Really? I just robbed a convenience store...

18. xraytech macrumors 68020

Me Too!!! I just got away with murder.

19. Ultimedia macrumors newbie

20. Cloysterpeteuk macrumors member

Just done it on my ipad 3.2.2., followed the step by step instructions and it took 5 mins tops and i've never done this kind of thing before, total noob.

I'm a bit daunted by all the million different things in Cydia so I don't actually know how to do any of the things I want it to do :( and I daren't fiddle with packages that I don't know what they are.

I just followed the instructions on ebay to add the source for installous and I've got that working, first thing I downloaded just kept saying invalid api (whatever one of those is) but I tried again on this kart game and that one worked ok.

I would really like the weather/date on the lock screen page, customized slider, add more items to the dock and folders, are there pakages for all these?.

21. lapino macrumors regular

Anyone been able to succesfully jailbreak an iPad 3G running 3.2.2 ? I'm new to this and a bit worried I might end up with a broken iPad.

22. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

There are plenty of successful reports on iPad 3.2.2 now, so go ahead.
    And for your info, it is impossible to break your iPad by doing this. If something goes wrong you just "restore" in iTunes as normal. Your device will be back to factory settings.

23. einmusiker thread starter macrumors 68030

einmusiker

anyone do it on a mac yet? or is it still windows only?

24. johnrs macrumors 6502a

Just JB my iPad running 3.2.2

Tried 4 or 5 times and nothing. This time I turn my iPad into airplane mode and it went like a charm. Cydia did not show until I powered off and on again my iPad

Hope this helps

25. Manix macrumors member

Windows or Mac os??