iPad iPad 3/4 Exchange

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mathman, Nov 16, 2012.

1. mathman macrumors newbie

Hi everybody -

I just thought I'd share my story to show what amazing customer service Apple has. Last summer, I bought an iPad 3 64GB/LTE. I've been a little disappointed with it, because I play a good deal of games, and they can be really laggy on graphics intensive applications.

When they released the iPad 4, I wasn't upset (because I know technology does evolve quickly), but I did figure I'd try to get them to let me exchange it since my iPad 3 has had performance issues (for what I use it for) since the beginning.

Just for the record, I bought a new iMac this summer, too, and I don't want to exchange that because it does what I want it to do and I'm happy with that. Like I said, I get that technology moves forward quickly.

I don't feel like Apple owed me anything, but I asked if they'd exchange my iPad 3 LTE for an iPad 4 LTE, and they did it without a second thought once I made the above argument. I went there not expecting anything and not demanding anything, and they were really great with me. If I hadn't gotten it, I would have walked away understanding fully.

In any case, THIS is why I buy Apple products. They have GREAT customer service. Anyway, just thought I'd share.

MM

2. iphone5att64, Nov 16, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2012

iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

I had performance issues with my iPad 1. They didn't let me upgrade to iPad 2 with Apple Care. Can you ask them again for me?

Did they give you a new box? Did you give them your old box and accessories or just the iPad?

3. mathman thread starter macrumors newbie

I gave them my old box and accessories and they gave me a new box with accessories.

I had AppleCare+ on my old device, but they gave me a prorated refund and I bought AppleCare+ on the new device. So I only paid a few bucks for the difference in price. No big deal.

It was quick, too, only took about 15 minutes in store. The manager was really nice and understood where I was coming from. Maybe it was the fact that I wasn't pushy or demanding - I don't know.