iPad iPad 3 6.1.2 stay or go to 7.0.4 jb/7.1b2 jb?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thadoggfather, Dec 25, 2013.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

So I have an ipad 3 on 6.1.2 and considering upgrading to iOS 7, despite my hesitation to do so.

Wasn't too impressed with 7.0.4 on iPad air or retina minis I played with at the store, I'm reading and seeing 7.1 betas seem to clean performance up though.

So should I go to 7.0.4 and jb, maybe with Accelerate/FakeClockUp it won't feel as bad or leap to 7.1b2 and remove the expiration?

What would you do?

I mostly web surf, XBMC, and f.lux.

Most other tweaks at this point I could live without.

2. lva macrumors member

lva

I am at the exactly same position with my iPad 3 on 6.1.2. Till now I did NOT flash iOS 7 cause of lags and less performance as on iOS 6.

3. Bartender4 macrumors member

I would definetly stay on 6, there's nothing good to gain with 7, I think it's way uglier. Besides that you can only loose some of speed of your iPad (it's made for air that has faster ram and cpu).
    I personaly love the look of iOS6

4. thadoggfather thread starter Suspended

thadoggfather

Now I think I will stay put. Thanks for the reassurances

5. Darthlord90 macrumors newbie

I was in your situation and I updated to iOS 7 because many apps began to be iOS 7 only compatible. Like Evernote, iWork apps and many more.

6. Bartender4 macrumors member

If think if he keeps the older version of apps he can have his divece running faster. I would always take better performance rather then newer apps. But if u need them alot then that's somethink to think about...

7. lukejc1 macrumors 6502

I recently upgraded my iPad 3 from 6.1.2 and jail broke. F.lux works great and I haven't experienced any performance issues since I've upgraded on Monday.

8. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Good feedback...same situation here as well. SEVERAL devices still on 6.1.2 including two iPhone 4s and an iPad 3. (Not to mention a couple of older iPad 1s).

Several apps with iOS 7 upgrade only...getting tempting...but hate the look of iOS7. Wife uses the iPad 3. iPhones are now limited us. So, just considering options.

Thanks!

9. C0rnholio macrumors newbie

I'm in a way stupid-er position.

I have purchased an iPad 3 with 6.1.3 on it ( no other SHSH blobs were ever saved not that it would matter that much ) and I need the root access cause I have the 16GB version so access to movies of SD Card would be good but not something I can't live without. However I just love how it moves on iOS6.

Now, is the performance drop so significant? The only reason why I haven't jumped on the IOS7 + JB is that from what I understand, JB isn't quite fully mature yet and the performance drop of the iOS7 running on iPad 3.

I'm still considering this... I hope apple doesn't close the door to the 7.0.4 signings while I do :D

Also what the hell is Mobile Substrate ?

10. Han Solo 1 macrumors 6502

Stay on iOS 6. You have no idea how fortunate you are.

It works, you have access to all the great JB tweaks, and you don't have to deal with all the milky white garbage floating everywhere.