iPad 3 already shipped?!?!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by hoonathan, Mar 10, 2012.

1. hoonathan macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I live in Sacramento california. I got an email saying my iPad 3 was already shipped, does this mean I will get my iPad before Friday? It says it's coming from Ontario ,California. Will ups hold the item till Friday?

2. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

It won't come until Friday.

3. hoonathan thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I know people usually get the items before launch date.

4. SeniorGato1 macrumors regular

5. preston181 macrumors member

This has already been discussed a bit here. People who have had their iPads shipped will see a "future delivery requested by shipper" notice on the tracking info once the package hits the FedEx sorting center. Unless a screwup happens, it's doubtful you'll get your iPad prior to Friday.

6. fullmanfullninj, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012

fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

What do you want us to tell you here? Lol. You asked us if your iPad will arrive before Friday, but you clearly know that people get items before the launch date.

And to clarify, it's not usually. That implies that it's a regular occurrence. It happens, yes, but don't hold your breath expecting it.

I'll tell you a good response I read by a user here. Expect it on Friday; if it arrives earlier, all the better. But don't expect it earlier. Yes, it happens, but don't expect it to happen to you.

7. Bradllez macrumors 6502

Bradllez

[​IMG]

8. MS2083 macrumors regular

I live in Sacrmento, CA too!!! Pre-Ordered mines early afternoon on
    March 7th before 2pm. Mine's still says; "Preparing For Shipment"... Lucky yours got Shipped Already!

9. fallenfeenux macrumors newbie

I bought an iPhone 4s when it came out and received a shipment notice a week before the delivery date so excitingly, I started tracking it. My phone went from Ontario, CA (which is 2 hours away from where I live) all the way to Virginia (or somewhere around there), spent a couple of nights there and then, it came back the morning of the delivery date.
    So yeah, try not to get your hopes up. However, congrats if you do get it early :)

10. aplmcintosh macrumors newbie

Confirmation: shipped on March 10!

I live in Germany and I pre-ordered my new iPad on March 7. The email I got says it was shipped on march 10 and will be delivered on friday march 16. :) Let's see if it will be friday or maybe already on thursday as it was the case for my iPad 1.