Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
United States
I have afew thoughts on the new ipad and the ipad mini. first the new iPad (4th gen)

people are complaining that it replaces their old ipad and that their ipad 3rd gen is out of date. This is absolutely not correct! if you watched the keynote like i did, you would realize apple is trying to push the 4th gen as the 3rd gen. they realize that they need to push lightning, so they had to update the iPad. however, they threw in the a6x just to make it seem better, and the other few things they threw in.

this is better for the consumer, considering if you were buying an ipad would you rather wait another 6 months for a new iPad, or get a new improved one now? exactly.

for the epople with the ipad 3, this is the update apple meant to have in march of last year, however the processor wasnt ready, and neither was the lightning connector. do not get upset, because yes kit did devaule you ipad 3, but your ipad strill has the retina display, and is just as good as the new iPad, with out the a6x.

now, for the ipad mini.

I think the ipad mini is an awful deal at where it stands. It basically is an ipad 2 shrunken down with better network standards. at 330, its a rip off. it has no retina display, so apple could save that for a later update. the processor is very abd for todays standards. not to mention, imo, the design is quite ugly.

anyway just my thoughts on ther new iPads, im wondering what you people have to think.

thanks,
robbie

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Did Apple say Ipad 3 was a stop gap as the processor wasn't ready? No.

I get what you mean but it all goes back to why didn't Apple just hold off the Ipad update and keep the Ipad 2 a little bit longer OR even put the Ipad 2 HD out with retina?

robbie12345

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
United States
Did Apple say Ipad 3 was a stop gap as the processor wasn't ready? No.

I get what you mean but it all goes back to why didn't Apple just hold off the Ipad update and keep the Ipad 2 a little bit longer OR even put the Ipad 2 HD out with retina?

i think you answered your own question. they couldnt keep the ipad 2 because sales were slipping (as with allk year old products, thats the reasont hey refresh them and dont keep them forever).

so what they did was, instead of relasing the ipad 4, what should have been the last update, because they werent ready, they released the ipad 2 hd.

they couldnt call it that of course, but they couldnt call it the ipad 2s or the ipad 3 so they went with the new iPad.

this is obvious because they didnt update anything in the new ipad besides the screen, and the camera, and they made improvemnts to allow for the screen, but those dont count.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.