iPad 3 and iOS 7.0.2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by fyp008, Sep 30, 2013.

1. fyp008 macrumors newbie

I run iPad 3 with iOS7 works fine but a bit slow. Then, it comes out 7.0.2, so happy and update it. Big mistake! Do not update to 7.0.2. Wait for the next iOS update. I lost my data.

It ends up I have to restart / reset the iOS clean using another computer and can't restore the setting / data I have with previous backup. Talk to Apple they said they know the problem and they try to instruct me using the terminal to hack into the device but my terminal is different from theirs, so ask me to go to an Apple store with tech support to fix it or they will give me a refurbish one.

Good customer service but I don't know why produce iPad 3 in the first place if there is going to be iPad 4 in less than a year! :confused:

So, I sold my iPad 3 last night...waiting for iPad 5.

2. Phrasikleia macrumors 601

Phrasikleia

Well, I've been running iOS 7.0.2 on an iPad 3 for a few days now without any problems whatsoever.

3. gCloud macrumors 6502a

I happen to be on the girlf's IPad 3 iOS 7.0.2 (updated from 6.x to 7.0 to 7.0.2 not restored) right now and it's fine.

4. appleii.c macrumors 6502

appleii.c

I have 7.0.2 on my iPad 3. works great. One suggestion, the dynamic wallpaper caused mine to lag a bit so I am now using a "still" wallpaper and it's MUCH better.

5. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Mine is fine on iOS 7.0.2 and I'm typing this with it right now.

6. elistan macrumors 6502a

I have experience with 7.0.2 with three devices:

iPad 3 - no issues with OTA update
    iPhone 4S - no issues with OTA update
    iPhone 5s - came with 7.0. The same night I got the phone, the OTA update to 7.0.2 failed and the phone went into recovery mode and I had to do a restore via iTunes with the full multi-GB OS image. Fortunately, I had a very recent iCloud backup due to getting the new phone. (The restore worked fine, which sounds like it didn't for the OP.)

So I wouldn't recommend skipping this update, but I would recommend backing up right before doing it. And download the update via iTunes first, so you can quickly restore if you need to, rather than wait around phoneless during the download, which can take a while if you have a slower Internet connection.

7. terrywfoster macrumors regular

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

iPad 3, clean update to iOS7, did not restore to backup - works perfectly.
    Then iTunes update to 7.0.2, still works just fine.