Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Emil889

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Hey :)

Just got a short one here, when can we expect the new iPad to be avaliable for purchase online? Unfortunately i live in sweden so i have my doubts that i will be able to place any order soon but maybe they aim for a global release right away.

Does anyone know how it was when iPad 2 was presented?

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK
Hey :)

Just got a short one here, when can we expect the new iPad to be avaliable for purchase online? Unfortunately i live in sweden so i have my doubts that i will be able to place any order soon but maybe they aim for a global release right away.

Does anyone know how it was when iPad 2 was presented?

No, it hasn't been announced yet.

you'll find out in 5 hours like the rest of us.

Emil889

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Um.. i know that. That wasn't really my question :)

I want to know when i can expect to be able to place an order once it's been released tonight. I know it's hard to say but maybe it is the same case as with the iPad 2 release..

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Ummm...he answered ur question perfectly. You'll know the answer in about 5hrs. Just like the rest of us. As of right now, NO ONE can give u an answer.

Doombringer

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2012
Well, today isn't exactly a release but an announcement.

We don't know if they will also release it today -- it is unlikely. Chances are we'll have to wait a week or so. Some think March 16th is a likely day for the iPad 3 to go on sale.

We also don't know if they'll take pre-orders for the device starting today. That MIGHT happen, which means you should be ready to place your order if, say, the Apple Online Store will ship to Sweden. I don't know if it will. :)

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Um.. i know that. That wasn't really my question :)

I want to know when i can expect to be able to place an order once it's been released tonight. I know it's hard to say but maybe it is the same case as with the iPad 2 release..

You'll find out later today.

Emil889

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Alright i got the picture, guess i've should have figured that out on my own. Looking forward to the event!

Thanks anyway :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.