iPad 3...basic annoying question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by classie787, Feb 26, 2012.

1. classie787 macrumors member

Sorry all...I don't follow these forums regularly.

My dad just yesterday bought the top-of-the-line iPad 2 (high storage, 3G). I told him I thought the next iPad was likely to come out around March 7th. I also told him it was likely to have a much better screen resolution, as well as some other stuff (maybe better battery, better camera, etc). I'm sure he can return his iPad if he was interested in the next version.

Questions before he returns it:
    -Am I likely correct with the info I gave him?

-When do you think the iPad 3 would be available? If March 7 is the big date, is that just an announcement? When could he actually pick one up in store?

I won't ask about price, as I assume that is too questionable. Thanks all!

2. VinceDae macrumors regular

Return it...

Yes 90% likely to see the next iPad the 7th... and in stores a week or so later... - and the price is 90% gonna be same as before... :)

Thats what most think ...

3. Hayman1995 macrumors newbie

Yes you are correct. It told my mum that when she bought an iPad 2 a few days ago, I'm guessing most older people don't care about upgrades.

4. zp3dd4 macrumors member

To be honest, you have a 30 day return window. Might as well play with the new ipad until the ipad 3 comes out and then return it...

5. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

30 day? Where are you shopping?

6. deeddawg macrumors 603

You don't know at which store the OP's father bought the thing, nor do you know even in what country he purchased it. How can you possibly assume there's a thirty day return window?

7. classie787 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the responses, fellas!

I think he said he bought it at the Verizon Store. We live near Cleveland, OH.

8. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

30 days? WTF?

9. nitemare macrumors regular

yes 30 days. even if bought at the Apple store. normally you have 15 days to return it to apple but if the new version is released within your return period you have an automatic 15days added to your return period making it 30 days. read Apples return policy. guess you have never bought something from Apple and then never had the newer version released right afterwards.

10. VinceDae macrumors regular

Yes but if it was bought yesterday and the iPad first is going to be out lets say a week later then the press-release, its right over the 15 days, so thats a no go...

11. nitemare macrumors regular

can you not do simple math? you get an automatic 15days added to the original 15 day return policy in the event of an upgraded item being released within 30 days of your purchase. in other words if you bought an iPad 2 today and the press release happened this thursday the 1st with launch on March 8th you still have until March 26th to return it for the iPad 3

12. VinceDae, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2012

VinceDae macrumors regular

Can you not? .. yesterday it was the 25th - 15 days later its the 11th of march... the new iPad is (possible) still not released by then... - so in other words its not released within the 15 days return policy ... - So yes, I can do the math...

And you wrote "normally you have 15 days to return it to apple but if the new version is released within your return period you have an automatic 15days added to your return period making it 30 days"

13. nitemare macrumors regular

read my post again. if you buy the iPad 2 today and before 30days have passed the iPad 3 is released, you can still return you iPad 2 for the iPad 3 thats where the 30 day return policy comes in.

14. VinceDae macrumors regular

Maybe thats what you ment, but not what you wrote...

"yes 30 days. even if bought at the Apple store. normally you have 15 days to return it to apple but if the new version is released within your return period you have an automatic 15days added to your return period making it 30 days. read Apples return policy. guess you have never bought something from Apple and then never had the newer version released right afterwards."

You write... "If its RELEASED ->WITHIN<- your return period (which is 15 days) you have an automatic 15 days added to your return period"...

SO... because the iPad 3 isnt released WITHIN the 15 days, (its prob. going to be released after the 11th) the return policy WONT get 15 days added...

15. deeddawg macrumors 603

I'm not sure this 30 day stuff is relevant -- OP in a later post said he believed it was purchased at a Verizon store. I believe Verizon's return policy is 14 days with $70 restock fee: https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c...RETURN_POLICY&jspName=footer/returnPolicy.jsp

Best Buy's policy is also 14 days.

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

can i get a link to the return policy where this is stated? thanks.

17. classie787 thread starter macrumors member

Haha, either way guys he is returning the iPad tomorrow.

18. Nychot macrumors 6502a